- To support with the planning and direction of the Group Compliance Framework.
- Co-ordinate and monitor day to day activities to ensure compliance with regulatory, ethical and internal standards whilst striving for a high quality output.
- Particular responsibility for managing and monitoring data practices internally to the Group, to ensure the business and its functions comply with applicable requirements under the GDPR. This will include final GDPR implementation requirements as well as managing our obligations moving forward..
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To work within the Group Compliance Framework, where necessary escalating any feedback on effectiveness and gap analysis;
- Contribute to the management of enterprise risk through compliance activities, maintaining a commercial, regulatory and ethical balance;
- Identify where escalation and intervention needs are prevalent in order to maintain a robust controls framework;
- Enhance compliance reporting to ensure that effective 'value add' is maintained in an output that is appropriate for its audience;
- Support with drafting and review of compliance owned policies, standards and guidelines including setting standards and reviewing policies and procedures globally that meet the requirements under the GDPR and any localisation requirements in countries of operation. Contributing to review of those owned by other parts of the business;
- Monitor compliance processes and identify any non-compliant areas or process improvement opportunities, including co-ordinating and conducting data privacy audits;
- Driving the compliance requirements under the final stages of GDPR implementation;
- Managing a privacy governance framework for the UK and all International offices to manage data use in compliance with the GDPR, including developing internal templates and supplier/client management reviews;
- Working with key internal stakeholders in the review of projects and related data to ensure compliance with local data privacy laws, and where necessary, complete and advise on privacy impact assessments;
- Managing any rights requests from Data Subjects, e.g. subject access request, right to be forgotten;
- Working with the Group legal team and, where necessary, outside counsel to monitor changes to local privacy laws and make recommendations to the Group when appropriate
- In conjunction with the L&D team, developing and delivering privacy training to various business functions;
- Co-ordinating a data security incident management plan to ensure timely remediation of incidents including impact assessments, security breach response, complaints, claims or notifications;
- Manage compliance projects, or represent compliance in wider-reaching projects as and when directed by Senior Management;
- Manage day to day compliance queries from internal and external stakeholders, serving as the primary point of contact and liaison for internal and external data queries.
Requirements & Attributes:
- Able to work in a way that demonstrates Gattaca's core values;
- Show strong rapport and relationship building skills, and build mutually beneficial relationships;
- Confident to challenge and confident to say no when necessary;
- Self-motivated with a 'can-do' attitude, focused on seeking solutions and possibilities rather than impossibilities;
- Able to manage competing priorities and balance conflicting stakeholder requirements;
- Well organised and execution orientated, being able to keep sight of deliverables;
- Display team playing skills both within the Compliance team, and the wider Legal & Compliance team. Able to support team members when necessary;
- Able to adapt to change and any resulting differing responsibilities.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience;
- Experience in a compliance capacity;
- Experience is a data capacity is desired;
- Multi-jurisdictional recruitment industry experience is desired;
- Experience managing or supporting with GDPR, insurance, policy management, risk management, new system support, industry accreditations, international sanctions and/or international payments is desired;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills through email, face to face and over the phone;
- Good written skills: able to construct emails, create presentations and draft documents;
- Good analytical and investigative skills;
- Strong change and project management skills, including the ability to manage time well, prioritise effectively and handle multiple deadlines;
- Able to recognise what level of detail to according to the circumstance, be able to go into a high level of detail when required;
- Recognise the commercial and operational impact of the work being undertaken.
Gattaca provides outsourced staffing solutions and recruitment services across engineering and technology. Established in the UK in 1984, Gattaca has grown into an international business with more than 800 staff in offices across four continents. The Gattaca group of companies boasts the UK's number one engineering recruitment specialist (Matchtech) and a top five technology recruitment specialist (Networkers), as well as a number of other successful recruitment brands.
- Commercial Law
- Data Protection
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job