An opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Officer within a leading FCA Umbrella firm, based near Edgware (North West London) that hosts a number of Appointed Representatives across various sectors of the financial and business sectors. The successful person may currently work in compliance or/and may potentially have come from a legal background.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Being a point of contact for new enquiries, and assisting existing clients
· Using the FCA Connect system to on-board new clients and personnel, including higher risk and more complicated applications
· Arrange and attending (where applicable) compliance review meetings and handling all associated administration · Training clients on the use of our internal systems, procedures and software
· Arranging the collation of all data to submit applications to the FCA, including using the due diligence tools available to us.
· Assist in the submission and collation of information for firms requiring full FCA authorisation
· You will also be responsible for ensuring our bespoke compliance software is kept up to date and assist in building our training modules
· Ensure all staff/CF personnel complete training and maintain staff training and compliance records
· Review financial promotions as required.
· Responsible for helping build the risk management platform and maintenance of the platform You will also be responsible for some administrative tasks associated to the role and the wider business and work alongside the existing team with a view to assisting in managing the team.
You will oversee resources assigned to your reviews, be responsible for allocating activities and ensuring they are completed on time and to a high standard. Your excellent communication skills will help you build strong relationships with clients, potential sales enquiries and the small team of account managers. You will need to possess excellent organisational and time management skills to facilitate a timely completion of all assigned tasks. You will get an in-depth understanding of assigned business areas; their structure, processes, current or proposed changes/developments and key concerns.
You will use this information to update the risk universe of our business and that of our clients, thereby you will contribute to the Compliance planning process. This is a very hands on role and will offer the right candidate a chance to develop, attend courses and have the opportunity to hold certain CF roles.
Your CV will need to demonstrate your history in working in all areas of compliance, advising in a business facing role, and working through regulatory changes and an understanding of the regulatory environment. This would suit someone with relevant legal/compliance qualifications and experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job