Birmingham, West Midlands
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for a Compliance Manager to support gambling consumers and licensees and ensure that legislation is effectively communicated and implemented.
- Salary of c£30,000
- Civil service pension
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ holiday
- Option to buy up to five days’ extra annual leave
- Additional benefits
This is the ideal role in which to take your next step into a manager position and develop your experience of regulatory investigations whilst playing a vital role in the implementation of gambling legislation.
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people’s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that’s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you’re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.
As a Compliance Manager, you will be tasked with translating regulations into action and making sure that the gambling industry understands and adheres to legislation.
Working as part of the Compliance Team, you will test licensees against legislative requirements and look to raise standards initiatives whilst ensuring consumers are protected from gambling harm. The team plays a vital role on the front line making sure policy is implemented effectively and the industry complies with legislation.
Your Role will also involve:
- Testing the regulatory compliance for GB licensees
- Conducting assessments of online and physical businesses
- Supporting and raising standards initiatives
- Ensuring consumers are at the heart of everything we do
- Supporting regulatory investigations
- Checking improvement measures are put in place by licensees
- Advising local authorities on GB licensing requirements
- Acting as a key point of contact for licensees
To be considered as a Compliance Manager, you will need:
- Experience and/or knowledge of the principles of capturing evidence for regulatory investigations
- Excellent interviewing and auditing skills and to be capable of prioritising a busy workload
- The ability to produce accurate and timely reports for senior management and excellent letter writing skills
- To be capable of communicating with a wide range of individuals including senior officers of large corporations
- The willingness to travel
An understanding of online gambling products would be beneficial to your application. Experience of presenting in front of an audience or via live podcasts would be equally desirable.
Other organisations may call this role Legislative Compliance Manager, Legislative Standards Manager, Regulatory Compliance Manager, Regulations Manager, Gambling Compliance Manager, Gambling Regulations Manager, or Gaming Compliance Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 31st October 2019.
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
So, if you are eager to develop your career as a Compliance Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'