Nicholas Associates is currently recruiting for a Commercial Finance Analyst to work for our client based in Grimsby.
The role will support the Commercial Finance team in the preparation of regular and ad-hoc reports/information. Support sales team with information requirements. Strong involvement in maintenance and reporting relating to accounting analytics.
- Weekly sales & margin management, working closely with the Finance Manager to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Driving business performance through daily, weekly & monthly reporting, supporting the finance/sales teams by providing relevant, timely and insightful reporting and analysis.
- Financial management of forecasting process, ensuring accuracy, analysis & appreciation of risk.
- Budget modelling, analysis and challenge.
- Develop an in depth understanding of variances to budget, forecast and prior years, highlighting problems or potential financial control issues - to replace the bullet point below.
- Supporting the Finance team on forecast/budget processes.
- Ad-hoc reporting/analysis to support finance/sales and dealing with any queries that may arise.
- Supporting the Commercial team on tenders/promotions/competitive steal in conjunction with Finance Manager/Controller.
- Promotional analysis, both pre & post.
- Assisting in the development of commercial reports.
- Support Finance Manager on an adhoc basis.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree level education preferred.
- Part qualified accountant or desire to undertake a professional accountancy qualification.
- High degree of IT literacy - first class Excel skills imperative.
- Strong numerical, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and data interpretation.
- Well organised.
- Desire to progress.
- Timely and accurate sales & margin data
- Understanding of sales systems
- Development of reporting on new BI system
Please apply in confidence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job