Cathedral Appointments are currently recruiting for an In-House Commercial Contracts Advisor. This would suit either a qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive, Contract Manager or someone with equivalent experience dealing with commercial contracts. The successful candidate will join small legal team reporting to the Head of Legal within a forward thinking, dynamic business based in Exeter. The ideal candidate will currently be working within a busy commercial team within either practice or in-house, drafting commercial contracts from scratch.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting, amending and reviewing commercial contracts on a daily basis
- Contract management
- Provision of general in-house legal advice to the business on contracts, insurance and property issues ensuring legal compliance and evaluating and mitigating risk in a commercial environment
- Data Protection Compliance
- Dealing with all relevant legislation that impacts the business
Background & Skills:
- You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a commercial role, either in-house or in private practice
- Experience of drafting, negotiating and management of a range of commercial contracts.
- Experience of dealing with consumers, particularly complaint handling and managing complex consumer enquiries
- Experience of handling regulatory compliance under data privacy and protection legislation and dealing with regulator Information Commissioner’s Office, or experience of similar regulatory compliance e.g. with Financial Conduct Authority
- Able to respond quickly to a rapidly changing environment, managing change effectively
- Highly organised and proficient in managing a multitude of tasks, quick minded and adaptable
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- Experience or knowledge of data privacy and protection legislation, i.e. Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Experience of reviewing and drafting privacy policies, consents and fair processing notices in compliance with ICO Direct Marketing Guidance
- Experience or knowledge of IT and/or IP law desirable but not essential
- Experience or knowledge of a technology driven environment
- Litigation experience is desirable but not essential
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic business, who are offering a highly competitive salary and a great working environment. If you would like more information regarding this position, please get in touch with Sophia Damshenas at Cathedral Appointments today.
Please note, Cathedral Appointments are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to the above role.
Keywords: Commercial Contracts, Contracts, Drafting, Amending, Legal, Law, Data Protection, Data, Private Practice, In-House, LLB, Solicitor, Paralegal, Legal Executive, Jobs in Exeter, Exeter Jobs, Devon Jobs
- Data Protection Act
- Commercial Contracts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job