Commercial Administrator - New Build Housing
£18,000 - £25,000
Experience within a Housing developer would be ideal
My Client is a National Housing Developer that is looking for a Commercial Administrator to join their innovative team.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager in providing accurate, reliable financial and commercial processes and reports
- Responsible for day to day commercial and administrative duties. This will include processing jobs completed by operations ready for invoicing, phone and computer work, liaising with subcontractors, creating and analysing commercial data and reports and other general duties
- Processing jobs completed by operations, and moving these jobs to a status to enable invoicing, this includes reviewing SORs claimed compared to those SORs ordered by client and/varied by operational personnel
- Processing of correct paperwork from Subcontractors, Suppliers, Operative in a timely manner
- Creation and issuing of Subcontractor payments and dealing with all queries relating to these payer notices
- Resolution of Subcontractor payments and dealing with all queries relating to these payer notices
- Resolution of subcontractor invoicing queries and account reviews
- Monitor and resolve material purchase order system and related purchase order alterations required by procurement team
- Running commercial reports and reviewing these. Reporting on performance to the Commercial Manager and running regular checks on various commercial matters such as job margins, cost control and material exceptions
- Review of the monthly client valuation to validate client deductions and provide supporting evidence where appropriate
- Good communication skills
- Numerate and commercial minded
- Attention to detail
- Ability to cope under pressure and produce accurate time critical information
- Ability to proactively manage and prioritise workloads and to deliver on time and to expectations
- Self-starter and a go-getter who can demonstrate ability to think outside the box
- Ability to demonstrate where you have personally added value to processes and reporting in previous roles
- A logical, methodical and consistent approach to controls and procedures
- High personal quality standards
- Team player
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Qualifications & Knowledge
- 5 GCSE's A-C including Maths and English
- Further education in a commercial / business or construction field (desirable)
- Previous experience in a commercial or finance related role
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.