Clinical Adviser - Consultant
Reed Talent Solutions are working with Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to recruit a Clinical Adviser to join their internal team. The Clinical Adviser will specialise in General Medicine.
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman is committed to providing a high-quality, independent complaint handling service and to improving the way in which we work - with the people that need our services, colleagues across the organisation, and with stakeholders. They are committed to developing a diverse workforce of people with the right levels of knowledge, skills and experience. The clinical advisers will take an active role in the delivery of our quality assurance agenda, to share the learning and provide reassurance on the standard of our advice to both the caseworker and the complainant.
Duration: 2 year fixed term contract
Part time: 1 day per week
Location: Manchester / remote
- Provide evidence-based clinical advice to caseworkers in line with the Ombudsman’s Clinical Standard
- Provide clinical advice within his or her sphere of competence on aspects of clinical care and clinical systems on a range of cases at all stages of the casework process
- Support the PHSO key strategic objectives by taking an active role in quality assurance activities and in sharing the learning from complaints to enhance clinical practice and so improve patient care
- Manage own workload to ensure that all requests are completed within the identified timescales, and any problems communicated the clinical advice support team (CAST)
- Effectively communicate with lay caseworkers and other colleagues verbally and in writing
- Work effectively as part of the Clinical Advice team, contributing to discussions and developments to enhance the provision of Clinical Advice
- Support the delivery of PHSO’s key strategic objectives by participating in whole-system review and audit processes as requested, and in identifying systemic themes and root causes in complaints
- Demonstrate an understanding of the external context in which the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman operates; including, where appropriate, building relationships with external organisations to improve the influence and accessibility of the Office in line with the external relations strategy
- Contribute to team meetings
- Undertake cross Office activities to assist with events and projects where possible
- Currently practising as a Consultant in General Medicine with acgtive on-call commitments within the NHS
- Track record of delivering high quality clinical services
- Familiarity with the NHS complaints processes
- An understanding of the services PHSO provides, the Ombudsman’s role and the strategic context and framework within which we operate.
- Knowledge of sources of current standards, guidelines and research that apply to clinical matters within sphere of practice and of wider NHS policy and guidance, including experience of assessing students/dealing with trainees
- Experienced, registered professional/practitioner with appropriate post-graduate qualifications and relevant specialist qualifications
- Ability to make sound judgements and provide clinically accurate advice that is objective, measured and evidence based
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyse information and work to a deadline
- Ability to apply judgement to complex issues
- Ability to condense complex medical issues into a format understandable by lay colleagues and complainants in written and verbal formats
- Adaptability to work as part of an office based, non-medical team
Applications close 30th July 2021*
*applications may close earlier or be extended depending on application numbers
- Public Health
- Part Time
- Clinical Adviser
- Medicine Consultant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'