Role: Client Services Administrator
Salary: £17k - £21k
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9.00 am - 5:00 pm
An excellent chance for a bright and intelligent individual to join a leading European Intellectual Property Law Firm. They provide commercially focused, creative advice on obtaining, defending, enforcing and exploiting intellectual property rights including patents, trade marks and designs to a wide range of national and international clients in diverse industry sectors.
If you are a driven, enthusiastic individual with experience in administration, database systems and data transferring, then we want to hear from you!
We are currently seeking to recruit an administrator for our newly created 'Client Services' department. The role requires a highly motivated individual who prides in organisation, attention to detail and accuracy as well as excellent communication skills. The main responsibility of the role is to ensure that our clients receive the highest levels of service at all times.
The firm's clients include large multinationals, small to medium sized companies, as well as universities and other intellectual property firms around the world. You will have responsibility for maintaining and updating client records, as well as working closely with the partners of the firm, secretaries and other support staff.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Data processing/word processing
* Uploading and downloading client information and correspondence.
* Producing and maintaining accurate and complete documentation
* Liaising with the firm's clients
* Liaising with other departments within the firm to ensure the highest standard of service.
* General administrative tasks
- Minimum 5 GCSE's at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including English & Maths.
- Previous experience in an administrative or secretarial position.
- Full role-specific training will be given
- Ability to handle and prioritise large volumes of data
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
- Willingness to support others to achieve firm-wide goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in a clear, concise and friendly manner is essential.
- Client service skills
- You must be proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent typing skills
- Ability to transfer information from paper to an electronic database.
- You will be provided with in-house training on the firm's electronic filing, records and other IT systems
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- Focused and professional attitude is essential
Please enquire for further details.
- Electronic Filing
- intellectual property