Hertz started as a 12 car operation in Chicago in 1918, and has since grown into the world's leading car rental company with over 11,000 locations throughout 140 countries. The secret of our success is no secret, really - it lies in providing rewarding career paths, fostering personal achievement and celebrating our collective success. Being # 1 takes talent, a clear vision of the road ahead, a driving passion for excellence, but most of all, great people.
Our European Head Quarters based in Uxbridge employs approximately 350 people with over 23 different nationalities and we're currently looking for a Third PartyMotorClaims Examiner / Claims Handler to join the Claims Management team.
What is this role all about?
Exciting position - The Third Party Claims Examiner / Claims Handler is responsible for ensuring that their allocated claims are handled in a firm, fair and pro-active manner with technical proficiency whilst attaining the highest quality standard.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Work towards set targets and priorities set by the Claims Management Business Partner.
Handle all claims assigned to them in accordance with local law and HCM (Hertz Claims Management ) procedures including:
- New claims
- Incoming documents
- Email and telephone calls
- Outgoing communications (emails , letters faxes)
- Claim & litigation plans
- Liability and quantum investigations
- Recoveries on claims where appropriate
- Fraudulent claims
- Reserving claims accurately
- Claim negotiations
- Vendor management and cost control
- Making settlement offers
- Making payments
- Client, insurer & Head Office liaison.
- Authorise payments and reserve changes on cases within their authority. Report all claims exceeding their authority level to the Claims Management Business Partner. in the agreed format and follow the direction given.
- Knowledge in handling of Third Party recoveries process.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of data entry into the Strada computer system.
Responsibility for the handling of third party claims, predominantly property damage with some personal injury and with scope to develop in the role for the right applicant.
The role carries a financial reserving and settlement authority limit commensurate with the type of claims the Claims Examiner is handling.
What do we need from you?
- Degree-level qualification preferable but not essential
- Minimum 2 years' experience handling motor liability claims, vendor and provider management
- Experience in the Motor insurance industry is desired
- Claims and industry practices, territorial regulation and legislation
- Property Damage claims handling
- Some knowledge of personal injury claims
- Strong Communication
- Customer Service
- Organised, methodical and disciplined
- Ability to work under pressure without direct supervision
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with excellent career opportunities, training & development, a range of Benefits and Incentives such as: Canteen, Gym, staff discount programme and many more.
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to succeed within this challenging role in an established organisation please APPLY NOW.
- motor claims
- claims handler
- claims examiner
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job