Claims Analytics Manager
Hastings Direct are rapidly becoming a force to be reckoned with within the insurance market, and we put our growth down to being agile, fast moving and being passionate about data and analytics.
As a senior member of the Claims Analytics team, you will take a lead in company-wide projects to drive forward change, champion analytical excellence, and use data and analytics to break down and solve complex business problems.
You will have a proven track record of driving strategic change within an organisation. You will be confident using structured thinking to break down complex business problems, have a strong commercial mind-set, and a passion for problem-solving, data, and analytics. You will be proactive in engaging stakeholders throughout the business, and challenging the status quo.
You will have a history of developing colleagues, and an ability to motivate both direct reports and wider stakeholders.
Within this role you will:
- Provide thought leadership to the analytical function to support the delivery of team wide objectives
- Drive cross-departmental initiatives that affect all aspects of the claims journey
- Engage senior stakeholders on a weekly basis and get support for your initiatives
- Collaborate on high profile projects that require rapid pace and lateral thinking
- Have the opportunity to be responsible for the line management of up to two analysts initially
In order to excel in this role you will need:
- Education to degree level (preferably mathematical or statistical)
- A strong track record in your current role, with a history delivering actionable analytics and commercial insights that generate value
- To be a strategic thinker, with the ability to construct short, medium and long term plans articulating the benefits to be achieved and the capabilities required to achieve them
- The ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, reliability, accuracy and working with competing deadlines
- Experience in leading company-wide projects, or having senior participation within a large project
- The capability and desire to build strong networks throughout the business, acting as an advocate for the team and department
- Proven experience of driving and embedding analytical excellence
- Robust understanding of the value chain in the insurance industry and key drivers of value
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills
- Advanced skills in use of MS office applications (Excel and Powerpoint), and statistical software packages (e.g. SQL, R, SAS)
- Good communication skills and ability to influence others
- An enthusiastic, positive attitude with a strong ability to motivate both direct reports and wider stakeholders
- A highly competitive salary and an attractive benefits package
- A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment with a test-and-learn culture
- Structured career path that rewards achievements and focuses on development
- Broad exposure to senior management and ability to contribute to real change
In addition you will receive a competitive starting salary, a £5K car allowance, an end of year bonus potential (up to 10% of salary), 25 days holiday + bank holidays alongside a great company pension scheme.