Claims Adjuster - Guildford
£28,000 - £32,000 plus 10% annual discretionary bonus and excellent benefits following probation period.
Our client is seeking a Claims Adjuster to handle lower value, non-complex claims that are outside of the Claims Support scope. Undertaking claims administration for the team and ensuring accurate claims data is maintained.
Key Accountabilities / Deliverables
- Fitness & Propriety:
- Carry out duties in accordance with internal policies and procedures and applicable law, rules, regulation, good governance and company’s shared values, including putting clients at the heart of our business.
- Act with integrity
- Act with due skill, care and diligence
- Be open and co-operative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the business of the firm for which you are responsible is controlled effectively
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the business of the firm for which you are responsible complies with the relevant requirements and standards of the regulatory system
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that any delegation of your responsibilities is to an appropriate person and that you oversee the discharge of the delegated responsibility effectively
- Disclose appropriately any information of which the FCA or the PRA would reasonably expect to have notice
- When exercising your responsibilities, you must pay due regard to the interests of current and potential future policyholders in ensuring the provision by the firm of an appropriate degree of protection for their insured benefits
- Conduct: To ensure that implications for stakeholders, particularly policyholders, are given appropriate consideration in our approach to business and that conduct is given appropriate consideration throughout the role to deliver fair customer outcomes.
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Responsible for adjusting claims within authority limits and in accordance with the company’s Claims Philosophy and associated key performance measures, including Lloyd’s Minimum Standards;
- Reporting to Direct APH Claims Specialist, where appropriate, in particular, where claims are above, or have the potential to go above, own authority limits;
- Setting appropriate and accurate case reserves in a timely manner;
- Ensuring prompt payment of valid, undisputed claims;
- Maintaining accurate claims data across our various claims management systems and ensuring that all claims documents are appropriately filed in the document storage system;
- Provide triage of incoming claims where appropriate, segmenting claims promptly;
- Developing positive, professional dialogue with both Brokers and Insureds on claims matters and, wherever possible, actively participating in market events as deemed necessary to positively raise the Company profile;
- Liaising with external experts, including appropriate management of our panel including Terms of Engagement and Fees;
- Set-up, administer and manage a case diary and appropriate follow-up on all claims;
- Assist in preparation of Management Information reports and liaising with Underwriters where specific claims information is requested, and attending Underwriting meetings as required by class of business.
Person / Experience Required
- Working knowledge of the primary class of business to include an understanding of the operation of the policy and associated coverage issues;
- Understanding of London Market Claims systems;
- Knowledge of Lloyd’s Claims Principles & Minimum Standards;
- Knowledge of contract wordings, coverage and reinsurance structures;
- Strong adjusting, negotiation and communication skills desirable;
- Competent use of MS Excel and Word;
- Competent on the CLASS/ECF system.
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys working in a team
- Proactive with strong business acumen
- Adaptable and results driven
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job