Our client is seeking a Claims Adjuster within their property division to join their team.
Our client is looking for an experienced qualified claims adjuster. Your role will be to handle claims in an efficient and timely manner, supporting the head of Property Services as directed.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Have a detailed knowledge of all aspects of Domestic & Commercial claims, processes and be able to interpret and apply policy cover, terms and conditions as appropriate
- Have a detailed knowledge of Building structures including foundations, walls, spanning members their performance and the nature of building materials and material pathology such as freeze-thaw cycle, moisture gradients, rising damp, creep, chemical attack.
- Have a thorough understanding of the nature of building defects and their causes.
- Be able to correctly diagnose defects and be able to identify the most appropriate remedial action
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the insurable peril - Subsidence Heave and Landslip and if role appropriate accurately apply policy wording to building claims
- Understand the principles of building repair and maintenance
- Have detailed knowledge of Contractors All Risks, Business Interruption and SME claims settlement
- Have a thorough knowledge of CDM Regulations and Party Wall Act
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all aspects of Contents claims handling
- Be familiar with restoration procedures and processes following Fire and Flood and similar related incidents
- Proactively direct an investigation appropriate to the circumstances
- Demonstrate applied understanding of advanced negotiation skills to achieve settlement at no more than maximum identified figure
- Demonstrate applied understanding of the legal principles giving rise to subrogation and achieve successful recoveries
- Be able to identify alternative mechanisms for settling claims and consider the impact on indemnity cost
- Be able to use concepts, theories and ideas to negotiate and settle claims
- Make judgements and tailor existing practice to settle complex cases
- Be able to provide in-depth and expert advice to Customers, Clients and other Loss Adjusters
- Have a thorough understanding and application of the file review process and identify potential leakage as part of the claims settlement process
- Apply creativity to obtain the best solution to the claims settlement for the Client
- Be able to undertake investigative interviews on allocated cases
- Be able to obtain witness statements and undertake advanced interviews
- Efficient handling of department insurance claims and any other claims following standard procedures
- Ensure correspondence both written and verbal is responded to within service standards
- Ensure the accuracy of information recorded in the database
- Achieve service standards, company and contractual requirements
- Adapt to the constantly changing requirements of the department and the company and perform additional tasks as may be required
This is an exciting opportunity to join a long established Insurance Solution Provider with a high profile in the Insurance market. Due to organic growth our client is seeking someone who is looking for an exciting career in insurance.
- Annual bonus scheme
- 23 Days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 25 days with service)
- Life cover
- Retail discounts
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please forward your CV in confidence quoting reference 1710-13TW Alternatively if you would like more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Anthony Weall.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
- Claims Handling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"