Claims Adjuster - Motor (12 Month FTC)
Claims Adjuster - Motor (12 Month FTC)
At AXA XL our Claims team sets us apart. Our experienced Claims professionals use their specialised expertise to handle even the most complex claims seamlessly. How do you make a good thing better? You focus on excellence and creating a culture of continuous improvement. You create an environment that fosters collaboration, customer service and colleague development. And you build a team of passionate and innovative claims experts who see success as a reason to roll up their sleeves and dive for improvement.
As a Claims Adjuster, you will play a critical role in the Claims team by managing and resolving claims for our customers. You will work closely with your manager coordinating with fellow claims adjusters to bring claims to resolution. You will interact and collaborate with the practice leader and the underwriting team and with brokers, clients and experts on assigned accounts taking ownership of critical issues relating to claims management.
This is a great opportunity for someone seeking a fixed term contract of 12 months where you will play a key role in the Motor claims team by managing and resolving claims for our diverse corporate client base. The team deal with all aspects of the claim, so you’ll have lots of variety and the opportunity to broaden horizons. You’ll be part of a supportive team who all share a passion and excellence for claims handling and customer service.
You will be based in our newly refurbished Ipswich office; however, we are excited to have implemented our Smart Working initiative offering a hybrid way of working, combining both remote and office working.
The duties of a Claims Adjuster includes
- Managing a portfolio of claims up to a pre-determined authority level. Pro-active engagement with all stakeholders with the aim to resolve claims promptly, fairly and with due expertise.
- Always demonstrate AXA XL behaviours and values.
- Ensuring all claims are reserved wherever possible, within the Reserving guidelines.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with Underwriters, Actuaries and other departments as required.
- Provide superior customer service to policyholders and brokers. Active involvement in the maintenance and development of client relationships through contacts with clients and brokers in respect of day to day claims handling. Understanding and acting appropriately in respect of clients’ needs.
- Instructing and controlling surveyors, loss adjusters, solicitors and experts in connection with day to day claims handling ensuring cost and performance appropriate to the loss.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Previous experience in handling motor claims, to include first notification of loss, accidental damage, third party property damage and third party credit hire claims is benefiical but not essential
- An understanding of how the Claims function operates, including the lifecycle of the claim
- Ability to operate to tight deadlines in a pressured environment
- Possess good telephone, written and verbal communication skills.
- Takes ownership and accountability for the management of assigned claims and successfully oversees the strategy to obtain the best result for both AXA XL and the insured
- Delivering prompt, fair, innovative and accurate claims service enhancing strong broker and client relationships
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and speciality risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
Inclusion & Diversity
AXA XL is committed to equal employment opportunity and will consider applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity and origins, marital status, religion, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, and create an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It’s about helping one another — and our business — to move forward and succeed.
At AXA XL, Sustainability is integral to our business strategy. In an ever-changing world, AXA XL protects what matters most for our clients and communities. We know that sustainability is at the root of a more resilient future. Our 2023-26 Sustainability strategy, called "Roots of resilience, focuses on protecting natural ecosystems, addressing climate change, and embedding sustainable practices across our operations.
- Administration Duties
- Claims Management
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'