CIVIL ASSOCIATE / DIRECTOR
We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Associate / Director to manage an existing team in our clients Manchester office to grow their existing Highways design capabilities. Work includes feasibility through to the construction for housing development projects, along with various other civil structures projects for a variety of client. The role requires both management and technical leadership.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- UK experience of leading design teams and managing resources effectively.
- Extensive experience of leading civil engineering, or multi-discipline, projects with a client facing role.
- Preparation of highway design and specifications.
- Chairing client and consultation project meetings
- Preparing technical reports, fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE, CDM and QA aspects
- Business development through consolidating existing client relationships and seeking out new business
- Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost effective way
- Providing technical guidance to others
- Reporting as necessary on projects and progress
- Working with both public and private sector clients on projects
- Mentoring Engineers
- Civil Engineering Degree or a relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Chartered MICE or MIStructE or equivalent
- Previous UK Highways design experience at an Associate level
- Experience of bridge design, assessment, maintenance work
- UK experience in rail projects and design and assessment using Network Rail standards.
- Understanding of structural schemes, Eurocodes and their application to bridge design, Design Manual for Bridges, British Standards and other codes
- Be able to work well in teams and provide efficient direction to graduates.
- Experience of AutoCad, Civils 3D or PDS, MicroDrainage, and various Section Agreements
- Knowledge of design codes
- Strong analytical, critical thinking
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. Please refer to www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.
- Section 278
- Civils 3D
- Section 38
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'