Outstanding opportunity for a Proven R & D/Product Development Scientist with exceptional commercial experience to drive Global Expansion
- Novel and Patented Immunodiagnostic Technology
- Drive New Product Development and Commercialisation
- Make your mark in the Global Market
Our client based in Auckland New Zealand, have developed novel and patented technology for cost effective and user friendly immunodiagnostic testing, of a range of diseases. With an advanced multiplexed test platform giving rapid result turnaround, the company is in advanced commercialisation stage of existing platforms, whilst concomitantly expanding into other disease diagnostic panels, based on their proprietary technology.
This ambitious expansion and commercialisation phase, requires an innovative Chief Technical Officer, with skills honed and matured in the R&D/Product Development to manufacturing lifecycle, in the Immunodiagnostics or aligned medical biomarker sector. This is a rarely offered opportunity to see your product innovation ideas and strategies realized in a company well equipped to fast track the launch of new products for global markets.
The ideal candidate will have a PhD or similar post grad qualifications in the biological sciences and at least 10 years proven experience in leading a dedicated team in the development of scientifically sound products for core global markets.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading R&D and strategies across the company
- Identifying commercial opportunities in target markets
- Establishing, implementing and driving New Product introduction
- Ensuring all R&D and Manufacturing Compliance and Best Practice
- Managing the company’s IP strategy
- Working cross-functionally with marketing and customers
- Continuously staying abreast of and investigating new product opportunities
- Responding to customer requests and resolving technical issues
Essential Skills, Knowledge, Competencies and Personal Attributes sought are:
- Global recognition and credibility in the Immunodiagnostics/Medical biomarkers or an aligned commercialization arena.
- Proven innovation success with a scientific product portfolio
- Sound understanding of and attention to process in protecting intellectual IP
- Experience in leading strategic development projects, obtaining external funding and maximizing commercial returns.
You must have mature communication skills, being at ease from the board room through all aspects of the operation, including customer interaction, collaboration with research and academic institutions and interaction with regulatory and compliance authorities. Your proven ability to lead, train, motivate and mentor a young team of scientists is essential. Ideally your experience will have been nurtured in international innovation and commercialization settings, where you are recognised for your research and achievements in immunodiagnostics. Along with your proven R&D/product development acumen, you will be financially astute and be able to work with the CEO and board in supporting sound financial strategies.
This is a fantastic opportunity that may be the one that gets an experienced 'Kiwi’ scientist repatriated, though appropriately suited non- NZ passport holders are also strongly encouraged to confidentially apply. Please present your CV, including publications and a covering letter in WORD Format only quoting reference number 13/1709/PB.