Chief Press Officer
A leading trade body is seeking a Chief Press Officer to join its London team. Reporting to the Head of Communications, you will lead the press office function, dealing with high-profile media enquiries.This includes writing statements and press releases; producing briefing material ahead of media interviews; planning for launches and events; generating positive PR opportunities and providing PR support on all campaign activity. The role will also require managing support agencies. For this role, you need the ability to work at speed, the confidence to brief national journalists, deal with multiple stakeholders, and the ability to manage complex and sometimes technical information. Ideally you will have demonstrable experience from working within a membership organisation, an agency environment or utility.
- Managing a busy national press office
- Producing written press statements, press releases and media advisories
- Regularly briefing national journalists on complicated topics and breaking news
- Maintaining and developing a wide network of journalist and commentator contacts
- Maintaining strong working relationships with counterparts at key stakeholder organisations, including: members, regulators, government departments and relevant NGOs
- Helping to arrange media roundtables and briefings
- Writing blogs, op-eds for publication and social media posts
- Helping to produce briefing materials
- Leading on the generation of PR strategies
- Maximise opportunities to promote positive news from member companies
- Work closely with policy colleagues to develop proactive communications strategies
- Develop relationships with communications counterparts and other senior stakeholders at member companies across the UK
- Excellent comms skills with the ability to communicate with clarity, brevity and impact
- Excellent organisational skills
- Comfortable with using data and other kinds of information to communicate with a range of audiences
- Initiative and drive to learn quickly and deliver complicated communications projects
- Work within a small team with the ability to build relationships and networks quickly
- Manage different stakeholders
- Previous experience of working within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable experience of working in a busy press office and managing crisis comms
Due to a high volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to everyone. We will get in touch if you are successful in your application.
VMA GROUP is a leading international interim, contract, temporary and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist. We are specifically focused on providing support to the communications, marketing, digital and change communities.
Our specialist practice areas cover: communications, corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, financial communications, CSR, public affairs, investor relations, marketing, brand, digital marketing and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing expert consultancy services and advice, supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications, marketing, digital and change industries, supporting planning and decision-making for organisations of all shapes and sizes.
In the UK, VMA GROUP has offices in London, Bristol and Manchester and in Europe, VMA GROUP has offices in Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMA GROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'