Do you love the Lake District? Are you looking for flexible hours in a beautiful location? Are you looking to work in an amazing place? Nestled in the beautiful Langdale Valley it’s an adventure playground of rugged slopes, craggy summits and a cracking pint! As the only pub managed and run by the National Trust, this isn’t a traditional pub and we do things a little differently; with fire pits, blankets, board games, mulled cider and hearty campfire food.
This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.What it's like to work here
Sticklebarn is a very exciting place to be this year we were finalists in the Outdoor Pub of the Year Award and we have refurbished parts of the Bank Barn to take Sticklebarn back to its origins. We now have the 'Hay Loft’ upstairs which used to be a community family space and is now a hive of activity with crafternoons, family movie screenings, mountain heritage suppers, community ceilidhs and race checkpoints! Our traditional bar downstairs is a place where you can relax with a quiet pint from some of our local suppliers, dry your clothes by the fire and play a board game.What you'll be doing
You will be supporting the Kitchen Manager in the delivery of Cookbook at Sticklebarn. With your love of food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers you’ll deliver delicious food prepared using the National Trust Cookbook framework. At the Trust we're proud to carry the Soil Association Food for Life Mark in all our food and beverage outlets and Sticklebarn is no different. You’ll make a visit to Sticklebarn an integral part of the visitor experience and it will be your responsibility to ensure each dish is fresh, tasty and presented spot on every time. The National Trust Cookbook provides us with core menus working towards our food strategy of linking food to our relationships with special places.
You’ll always consider how we can do it better, more efficiently, and how we can deliver an even tastier end result for the visitor. We want to hear your ideas: we want to know what else we can do to get our customers talking and tasting. From mouth-watering food, to attentive service, to little touches that make a big difference, your catering know-how and painstaking attention to detail, will ensure that every visitor has an incredible experience.
You’ll love being part of a team, and with your passion for food and ability to identify new income opportunities, you’ll assist the Kitchen Manager to deliver an excellent experience for all our visitors at our special place. Through effective supervision and leadership you will motivate the team of staff and volunteers to work towards a culture of exceptional service and make it a great place to work.Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will work with and lead your team, to deliver exceptional customer service with our cause at the forefront of your mind:
You'll need to be;
- You will be confident, and have an insight into the importance of the work that the National Trust do in the Lakes and in Langdale
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
- You will be able to work at pace at busy periods.
- Have an interest in energy saving and reducing waste.
- Confident supervising teams - rota’s, managing absence, giving feedback
- Aware of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
- Active Team Player
- Health & Safety
- Working Independently
- Supervising a team
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job