SF Group are recruiting for an experienced Purchasing Carrier Manager who has come from or currently works in a Manufacturing type environment. This is a permanent role paying between £40,000 - £45,000 per annum + Car + Bonus.
Here are some of the responsibilities:
- The delivery of savings by negotiating with suppliers at all levels to meet ongoing challenging cost saving targets without compromising quality or delivery schedules
- Development of the UK procurement and purchasing strategy focusing on cost reduction and process improvement
- Working with Group Purchasing in France to utilise existing supplier arrangements when beneficial to the UK
- Negotiation of service contracts
- Work with the Engineering department to source a variety of new materials and parts as required
- Manage a small team of Procurement Officers
- Analyse and improve UK spend
- Set, develop and manage KPI's
- Establish, review and approve a selection of suppliers including supplier capability, development and audit
What will you need?
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential to ensure credibility when discussing cost savings within the supply chain
- Experience of purchasing within a packaging and/or metalwork environment is desirable
- Ability to work from your own initiative
- Prioritise the workload within a pressured environment
- A technical background is advantageous to be able to understand the products and read technical drawings
- Proven background in reducing external spend
- Good communication skills
- Minimum of five years' experience within purchasing, with at least two in a management/supervisory role
- Recognised purchasing accreditation, CIPS would be preferable
- Ability to manage conflicting demands is critical to balance both suppliers and internal customers
Internal training of the In-house MRP system will be provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job