Jobs.ac is a subsidiary of the University of Warwick.
Jobs.ac is a specialist recruitment jobsite selling web advertising for jobs in academic, research, science and related professions.
In the 20 years since the website started, the site has grown year-on-year and now has 1M unique visits (March 2014 ABCE Audit); works with more than 1000 universities and advertises more than 70,000 academic vacancies a year. To help grow and develop this success jobs.ac.uk has an opportunity in our business support team
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting directly to the account executive, this role will involve a mix of telephone work (Incoming/outgoing), administration (Word, Excel, Internal DB and Outlook e-mail) and copy writing/collation/printing of marketing materials.
The role is working as part of a lively and energetic team offering you flexibility to work in a way to suit you, whilst meeting the objectives of the job.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
• Visit Booking - Using excel sheets/internal database you will be calling clients, updating information with the aim of booking sales appointments all over China with Universities, Public Sector Organisations and Private Limited Companies.
• Visit Admin - Once an appointment is booked, an e-mail confirmation is sent to the client, visit card is written and printed and diary updated along the necessary update to data in the CRM/trip plan sheet. Booking of car parking, AV facilities, flights may be required.
• Agency Calls - Taking incoming sales enquiries, outbound calls and advising our customers of our products and service and confirming proposals in writing in the absence of account executive. All calls need to be recorded so that we have records of our customer communications to ensure we meet our commitments and manage our relationships.
• Client Monitoring - Many of our clients have advert subscriptions, unique visits, page view, geographic information and other data that needs reporting upon in both Excel and Word.
• Customer Service - Follow up and communicate with confirmed clients regarding content, design between clients and Jobs.ac internal design and operation team, update account executive the progress;
• Proof Reading/Editing campaign proposals for clients.
• Outbound Calling Campaigns - Throughout the year we will call our clients to invite them to networking events, focus groups, to inform them about our new products and services etc.
• Sales Material Collation/Printing - Printing leaflets, organising visit packs, laminating etc.
• Research - Internet research into organisations, new clients, new markets etc.
• Other sales and marketing projects and tasks - as required by either the account executive or the marketing manager
Skills and experience
• Fluency in both written and verbal English and Mandarin is essential
• Event/marketing experience is highly desirable
• An excellent level of customer service
• Able to confidently deal with a wide range of people on all levels
• Persistent in delivering assigned tasks with positive and proactive "can do" attitude
• Willing to begin work early and a committed, driven attitude - 7:00am starts will be required for some appointments
• Recent sales or customer service or sales support experience, for a company engaging clients by phone or email
• Experience of sales/marketing assistant, experience on China Market, translation, copy writing in Chinese is a big plus
• Experience of interpreting customers’ needs and proposing compelling sales proposals
• Good knowledge of the China geography as you need to approximate travel times and distances when booking appointments.
• Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and basic windows applications
• Able to sell jobs.ac.uk and the need to find out more i.e. book a visit - knowledge of feature and benefits, spin selling (desirable)
This is a temporary ongoing position usually working during normal business hours of 8:30 to 12:30 three days a week. However, a flexible approach is essential, as during the peak season you will be expected to work full time. Peak season lasts about 4 weeks every 2-3 months.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to enhance your sales and marketing skills within a busy sales and marketing team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job