A new exciting Branch Manager / Depot Manager opportunity has arisen to work for an expanding Express Parcel business with a number of depots in the South. This role is based at their CRAWLEY DEPOT and reports into Operations Director & Managing Director and the Depot is accountable for the RH and BN Postcodes.
- To ensure an excellent service is provided to our clients at all times.
- To manage all staff and drivers.
- To ensure that the branch operates profitably.
- 35 to 40 routes
- 10 Operatios staff, plus Warehouse and Drivers
- To be responsible for the recruitment of operational staff and drivers (including sub-contractors), and Warehouse staff.
- To be responsible for the management and performance monitoring of all Operational staff and drivers (including Sub-contractors) ensuring that company policy and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that the Branch is run professionally, with enough suitably qualified staff available at all times.
- Ensure that all Operational staff and drivers (including sub-contractors) are trained to a high standard and that they carry out their roles and responsibilities to a high standard.
- Ensure that all legal and statutory responsibilities are carried out at all times, i.e. Health and safety.
- Ensure that the financial expenditure of the branch is maintained within levels as agreed with the operations director.
- Ensure high levels of customer service are maintained i.e. response times, POD's etc
- Ensure that all reports are completed accurately and on time and are forwarded to the operations Director as required.
- Ensure that all performance targets are met.
- Ensure that all records are maintained accurately i.e. staff records, driver details, sickness reports, annual leave etc.
- Ensure that all Network procedures are followed as per the Network Operations manual and that all service failures, and claims are dealt with swiftly and appropriately in accordance with procedure.
- To enhance sales and new business by working directly with the sales manager.
- To maintain effective working relationships with all other of the companies Branches / depots and the sales and administrative office.
- Ensure that customer liaison is maintained at a very high standard. Maintaining customer satisfaction at a high level, with complaints dealt with swiftly and professionally, and any compliments reported to the staff concerned.
- To undertake duties at a similar level according to the changing needs of the company, as agreed with the Operations Director.
- Operator's Licence, CPC a plus.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job