Bookkeeper required to support a new and progressive business one day per week.
Your new company
An exciting new clothing and distribution company near Lockerbie, require a Bookkepper to support the business one day per week on a interim basis, for an initial period of between 3 and 6 months.
Your new role
Supporting the business one day per week, core responsibilities will include:
- Record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Enter data, maintain records and lunch reports and financial statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable in a timely manner
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Customer service orientation
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sage 200 experience preferred
What you'll get in return
This position offers flexibility, and candidates could either work one full day per week, or two half days.
The position will likely be for a duration of between 3 - 6 months.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"