Band 7 HR Manager
My NHS Client is looking for an experience CIPD Qualified HR Manager to cover an interim post.
Working in partnership with the HR team, to ensure a comprehensive, quality and timely HR service is provided to a designated client base within your business unit in relation to all aspects of Human Resources. This will include:
- Providing a professional, comprehensive and timely advisory service to managers and staff in designated client departments in relation to all aspects of Human Resources.
- To provide support and coaching to managers.
- Contributing to the on-going development of the services to meet organisational needs and objectives.
Location: Rainham Essex
Temporary: Expected to last 1- 2 month with possible extension
Hours per week: 3 Days a week
Salary: £26.00 (Umbrella) or £22.15per hour (PAYE)
- To provide advice and guidance to managers in relation to workforce planning, skill mix and structure, including providing advice in relation to consultations and support for the process.
- Responsible for ensuring that all KPI’s and objectives are achieved within designated client departments in conjunction with the local managers.
- To authorise contracts of employment / terms and conditions statements.
- To manage a complex caseload for designated areas, which will include providing support to a range of cases and prioritising workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- To manage the HR Adviser and provide guidance and support to ensure that a comprehensive HR service is delivered, including regular objective setting, appraisal reviews and mandatory training updates.
- To provide consistent advice and guidance to managers and staff in relation to terms and conditions of employment.
- To provide guidance to managers on complex long-term and short-term sickness cases up to and including dismissal.
- To provide complex advice, guidance and recommendations to managers in relation to all human resources issues including, senior management in cases of individual capability, discipline, grievance, sickness absence, individual and collective disputes, dignity at work, appeals etc. Including:
o Collation, analysis and evaluation of casework.
o Discussions, hearings, consultations and negotiation with involved parties.
o Liaison with external professional advisers, including legal and medical practitioners.
o Assessment of legal implications affecting a case.
o Development of potential options to resolve a case, ranging from negotiated settlements, new management practices, to performance monitoring, early retirement and dismissal.
o Preparing formal and informal casework documentation.
o Monitoring the status of cases and managing the process, co-ordinating involved parities.
- To provide HR advice, guidance and support to managers in investigations, hearings and meetings relating to the above issues.
- To contribute to the preparation of cases in response to Employment Tribunal applications.
- To ensure that the HR workforce reports are processed by the HR Officer in a timely manner.
- To advise on and oversee the progression of appropriate action for leavers including ill health and age retirements.
- To liaise with payroll services to ensure all pay queries are resolved in an accurate and timely manner.
- To contribute to the development of appropriate standard documentation required for Human Resources services, ensuring that it is compliant with best practice / employment legislation.
- To contribute to the development of appropriate Human Resources policies and procedures.
- To contribute to the development of HR guidance tools for managers.
- To coach managers in people management skills in order to develop capability and capacity in effective people management.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of the corporate induction programme.
- To assist the Senior Human Resources Manager in achieving and monitoring all Human Resources KPIs and targets.
- To assist the Deputy Medical Director to capture meaningful staff exit data.
- To attend and contribute to relevant meetings pertaining to the role.
- To work effectively in partnership with trade union / staff representatives in undertaking responsibilities.
- To ensure own professional development and regular updating of professional knowledge.
- To provide cover for other members of the team as appropriate to ensure an effective human resources service is provided across the Trust at all times.
- To participate in projects and initiatives as and when required.
- To contribute to the agreement of service standards and be involved in the development, maintenance and review of quality initiatives within the function to ensure a high quality professional service is provided and that the performance of the service is monitored and developed.
- Human Resources
- CIPD qualified
- Workforce Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'