£30000 - £35000
If you are an Design Engineer this is a great opportunity for you. Working for a national company supplying unique products into an important global industry.
An award winning leader in their field, who are able to offer amazing training and development opportunities.
Due to a significant rise in orders and the development of the business, they are now looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to work out of their Leicester operation.
As a design engineer at this Leicestershire site your role will involve:
- Produce general and project specific CAD detailing the client’s range.
- Give technical support and advice, and be a point of contact, for our approved contractors and Branches
- Undertake and sourcing technical calculations for the wide variety of flat roof waterproofing products and associated elements, including wind uplift, Insulation “U values”, drainage and condensation risk
- Coordinate with specification producers both internally and externally regarding compliant solutions.
Working alongside the Sales Team, you will also help to ensure that flat roofing inquiries are converted into sales full project proposals, where quick turnaround time and accuracy of information is key
You'll also be hands-on in the development of the finished article, so putting your designs to the ultimate test of "Can it be made?" and working with the assembly team to explain the details of the design.
The role also requires an element of being face to face with the customer/end-users; which could be at the initial scoping out stage, where you'll discuss the customer's needs and how this translates to the design function, or it could be at various phases of the project to ensure things are on track.
The successful candidate will have:
- An engineering qualification ideally degree or HND within a mechanical discipline.
- Have strong and demonstrable 3D CAD skills within AutoCad
- Experience and knowledge of flat/pitched roofing standards or Construction materials
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be comfortable speaking with other Engineers in the team, senior management and clients / end-users
- be able to work closely with other teams within the business.
Competitive salary on offer with a well recognised national business who invest heavily in staff training and development.
If you'd like more information before applying, call Mikey on 01159888792
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job