Audit and Practice Monitoring Reviewer Job | Home Based | 12 Month FTC | Professional Body | Up to £45,000
Your new company
A professional body currently has an exciting opportunity for an Audit & Practice Monitoring Reviewer to join the Regulatory Monitoring division on a 12 month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will report to the Assistant Director of the function and will conduct audit monitoring (AM) visits to audit registered firms; conduct some practice monitoring (PM) visits (usually where firms have elected for joint AM and PM visit) and assist the Audit and Practice Monitoring team in operational aspects of the function.
Your new role
The primary responsibility of the role is to ensure that firms registered with the professional are conducting this audit work accurately, with integrity, and upholding the required professional standards. In addition, the role supports the work of Practising Certificate holders by reassuring the public and other regulators that its firms are complying with regulatory requirements, including compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements.
The role also has the aim of promoting best practice and to help to improve audit quality; and to maintain and enhance standards within accountancy practice.
This role is home based with the expectation to travel to client sites to conduct the audit monitoring. This role also may be involved in the delivery of commercial monitoring contracts as part of the larger team.
Key activities include (but are not limited to):-
- Carrying out a number of audit & practice monitoring visits throughout the year, including conducting opening and closing meetings, conducting reviews of audit files and financial statements; other engagement files; writing reports; and working to prompt visit deadlines.
- Conducting other specific tasks as and when required in assisting in operational aspects of the function, including the update of procedures, and the writing of Audit News articles.
- Participating in team meetings, including leading of agenda items as required.
- Conducting contract work in the UK, and overseas, as required.
- Contributing to any commercial contract as and when required & meeting any deadlines set.
What you'll need to succeed
- CA, ACA, CIA, ACCA qualification or similar
- Large or mid-tier accountancy firm experience or a mixed practice background.
- Trained in audit department of audit firm and at least two years post qualification experience in audit.
Skills and Knowledge
- ISAs and Audit Regulations;
- UK GAAP (required) and IFRS (desirable);
- A clear understanding of the general practice environment and a sympathetic understanding of the significance of quality assurance in that environment.
Other Personal Attributes
- Ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Excellent inter-personal skills;
- Excellent technical skills;
- Report writing skills
What you'll get in return
A unique opportunity to work in a home based role at a reputable professional body in Scotland. You will also receive a salary up to £45,000 DoE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.