This position will require the candidate to work in all areas of the Litigation Department with a specific focus on Arbitration and Litigation matters. The role will include assisting Partners in growing the Firm’s energy, public international law and investor-state arbitration practice, with a specific focus on the middle east. An excellent understanding of those substantive areas and Lebanese law is required as well as past first-hand experience with international arbitration cases in a qualified lawyer position. Fluent Arabic and English language skills are essential. Fluency in French would be advantageous for the role.
The associate will carry out a variety of work assignments within the international arbitration team. Drafting, analytical and advocacy skills are critical to the role, as well as knowledge of the relevant law and legal systems. The associate will be expected to attend and participate in depositions, hearings, trials, client meetings, negotiations and closings.
Please note candidates must be qualified and have gained previous experience within Lebanon.
- Educated in Lebanese law
- Educated to advanced degree level (preferably with an advanced degree outside of Lebanon and gained in a different language)
- Proven experience of being able to analyse complex legal issues
- Proven experience managing international arbitration matters
- Effective communication skills
- Ability and proven track record in writing clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Ability to assume responsibility at increasing levels of significance for the delivery of legal services to Partners/ Counsel and clients
Posting date: 6 April 2018. Job Closing: 3 May 2018. Applications should be submitted via the link within the advert.
Due to the volume of applications we are unable to contact all applicants. Should you not hear from us by the closing date of the advert, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job