CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
On our CastleGate Team you will have the ability to:
- Own and drive a part of the business that has real and immediate impact on the success of Wayfair.
- Develop and execute transformational strategies that generate a game-changing competitive advantage and enduring customer satisfaction.
- Partner with a team of smart, motivated and engaged individuals in an environment that is both collaborative and risk taking.
Associate Director, EU CastleGate Strategic Account Management
We are looking for a talented, driven and entrepreneurial Associate Director to help us profitably grow our core product verticals within EU CastleGate. In this role, you will work with external partners and internal cross-functional teams to advance the business agenda for your categories. You will manage a team of Account Managers that own the relationships with a large group of suppliers and act as a senior sponsor in creating and driving the strategy to grow these accounts. The Associate Director for EU CastleGate Strategic Account Management will work closely with Senior Leadership on the CastleGate team to help define overall CastleGate strategy and lead high impact initiatives in addition to your core responsibilities.
As an Associate Director of Strategic Account Management, you will…
- Build strong relationships with existing suppliers and develop and implement account strategy to achieve revenue, operations, and profitability goals through continuous analysis of performance and by identifying new opportunities for expansion.
- Develop a close understanding of suppliers’ businesses, manage and own the P&L for your verticals, determine what services we can sell them to expand our partnerships, negotiate business terms and support your team in these conversations.
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas and develop relationships with new, target suppliers.
- Lead and develop a team of highly motivated Account Managers and support them in achieving their business and career goals. Work collaboratively with internal teams to improve processes and troubleshoot issues.
- Attend tradeshows to visit key suppliers and source new product to build new supplier relationships (4-8 times per year in cities such as Cologne, London, Prague, etc.)
Success in this role requires a combination of strategic and analytical thinking, an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. This person would be a self-starter and an excellent communicator and negotiator, with an ownership, results oriented mindset. A successful Associate Director would be adaptable, thrive in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity.
What we are looking for...
- MBA from top tier school and at least 4 years of post MBA experience in one or more of the following fields, consulting, consultative sales, account management
- Extensive work experience and successful professional track record in a combination of the following: investment banking, private equity, management consulting, operations, analytics, marketing, and product management
- At least 4 years of experience working within a fast paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment or start-up company
- At least 4 years of management experience in an international business setting, with 'on the ground’ experience in Europe, Africa and the US
- Proven track record of people management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide your teams through challenging managerial situations
- Data-driven decision mentality, with sound business judgment based on a rigorous and structured analytical approach
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal - with a strong executive presence and ability to persuade and influence internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to take ownership, manage multiple initiatives and drive results
- Account Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job