Full Time Permanent
Our client is a successful multi-channel retailer of beautiful, unique and affordable furniture and accessories for the home. Today they have 15 stores and an extensive mail order, online and trade business with many thousands of customers throughout the UK and the world beyond.
They are now looking for an Assistant Manager to join the team based in Edgbaston.
The ideal candidate should have required skills to assist in the organisation and execution of the general daily activities of the showroom, ensuring the team delivers the highest possible standards of customer service and visual merchandising, both face to face and on the phone, in the most efficient and effective manner through the effective development and management of the showroom and Company’s human resources, equipment and provisions. To be pro-active in motivating and leading the showroom sales team to exceed the sales and profit & loss targets, in accordance with Company policies, procedures and standards.
Key requirements for the position include:
- Extensive professional retail experience in progressively higher supervisory position.
- A keen commercial approach to business, extensive selling skills and the ability to motivate others.
- A good eye for display design and a good knowledge of the furniture/home furnishings market.
- Competent IT skills; strong communication skills - verbal and written.
- Flexible approach to working hours as the sector demands.
- Qualities of leadership and management with additional organisational skills.
- Problem-solver, excellent team player.
There is free parking behind the store.
The store is open 7 days a week; Monday – Saturday 9.30am – 6pm and Sunday 10am – 4pm.
If successful, you will be part of a fast-paced and successful business. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including quarterly bonus based on performance, staff discount, pension scheme and continuous personal development.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job