£21,000 to £24,000 pro rata
Our client is the oldest school in Sussex and dates back to the foundation of Chichester Cathedral in the eleventh century, when it would have been a 'song school’ responsible for teaching the choristers. The school is now a co-educational day and boarding preparatory school educating children between the ages of 3 and 13. The school occupies a range of buildings around the Cathedral, from the original fourteenth-century song school to the modern Highleigh building which opened in 2000. Prebendal is a boarding school with full, weekly, and "flexi" boarders in addition to the day pupils.
The Bursar of the School seeks to appoint a full time Assistant Bursar, a position that is both crucial and central to the school’s operation, It attracts a FTE salary of £21,000 to £24,000 pro rata, negotiable depending on the applicant’s experience, skills and flexibility. It is full time during term-time (33 weeks per year) typically working from 8.30am - 5.00pm. Further days during the holidays (on days to be agreed between the incumbent and the school) will be necessary amounting to five further weeks outside of term time
- Organising the work patterns of the domestic team (currently 6).
- Optimising the teamwork between the team and the school Matrons
- Directing the use of external cleaning contractors
- Purchasing and controlling cleaning materials
- Preparing the agenda and taking and circulating minutes for H&S committee meetings
- Organising training
- Organising departmental / classroom and other risk assessment exercises
- Sourcing, managing and maintaining the school’s photocopiers and printers (with the School Secretary)
- Controlling the purchasing and distribution of stationery (with the School Secretary)
- Assisting with the purchasing of general school items
- Administering the access control system
- Entering purchasing information into the system (with the Finance Clerk)
- Maintaining staff records in the system
- Site services: Utilities, telecommunications, waste management, pest control;
- Maintaining termly and weekly driving schedules
- Helping maintain the H&S records
- Maintaining staff drivers’ records
- Maintaining school plans
- Administering DBS checks and maintain Single Central Register
- Administering the recruitment and induction of GAP students
- Attending weekly diary meetings and disseminating information to the domestic and maintenance teams.
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Bursar role will:
- Have performed previous roles that demanded integrity and professionalism;
- Have strong administrative and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise;
- Be resourceful, with a "can do" attitude;
- Have solid IT skills and be familiar with commonly used office programs;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Be proactive with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Stay calm and positive under pressure in a busy office environment;
- Live within an easy commute of the school.
The closing date for applications is Monday, March 26th 2018 and interviews will be held in early April.
If you feel you are suitable for the Assistant Bursar role, please apply now!
Bursar Assistant, HR Assistant, Admin Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job