Reporting into the IT Application Support Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for the resolution of system incidents reported via the Service Desk. You will be required to perform investigations into live issues and to ensure that systems remain fully functional. The role would suit someone who thrives off investigating and analysing incidents, providing resolutions and proactive support.
AJ Bell is a fast moving company and the Technology Services department is delivering a varied and rapid programme of change. As such, this role will be hands on and could suit someone who is looking to move into a more technical role.
What does the job involve?
- Incident resolution (including Major Incidents) of requests adhering to agreed SLAs
- Ownership of technical problems and see through to resolution, even when passed to third parties.
- Root cause analysis
- Monitoring and capacity management
- Involvement in Service Improvement initiatives
- Documentation of procedures & policies
- On-call support once appropriately trained
- Out of hours support as required by the business
- Upgrade / administer applications within the MAS remit
- Good working knowledge of SQL and/or PowerShell scripting
- Experience working within a Change and Release framework
- Experience with Windows Server administration
- Excellent 2nd/3rd line support skills.
- Technical IT certification (Desirable)
- ITIL Certified (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Tibco or other workflow systems (Desirable)
- Knowledge and/or experience of working in an Agile environment (Desirable)
- Financial Services experience (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Atlassian products such as Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, OpsGenie
- Knowledge of Graylog (Desirable)
- Knowledge of AWS products such as Lambda, EC2
Knowledge & Skills
- Credible and professional
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting
- Able to challenge appropriately and present solutions
- Self-starting and able to work on own initiative
- A high attention to detail
- Ambitious and driven to exceed expectations
- An analytical mind-set and technical ability
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK offering an award-winning range of solutions that caters for everyone, from professional financial advisers, to DIY investors with little to no experience. We have over 484,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £76.2 billion. Our customers trust us with their investments, and by continuously striving to make investing easier, we aim to help even more people take control of their financial futures.
Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with offices in central London and Bristol, we now have over 1300 employees and have been named one of the UK's 'Best 100 Companies to Work For’ for six consecutive years.
What we offer:
- Starting salary of £28,000 - £35,000 (DOE)
- Generous holiday allowance increasing up to 31 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Hybrid working policy
- Casual dress code
- Discretionary bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Dedicated time for proof-of-concepts and assessing new tech
- Support to attend conferences, events, and meet-ups
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Free annual share scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme from day one
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- On-site gym and personal trainer led classes
- Paid volunteering opportunities, free social events and more
AJ Bell is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and all employees are empowered to bring their whole self to work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, religion, physical and mental disability, marital status and any other characteristics protected by the Equality Act 2010. All decisions to hire are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'