Closing date: 07/07/2021
Birmingham 2022 are looking for an Anti-Doping Manager to take the lead on the integrated planning, delivery and management of all elements of anti-doping services for the Games.
This role will assist in ensuring the delivery of an intelligence-led pre-Games and Games time anti-doping program in accordance with the requirements of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF), World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and International Federations (IFs). Anti-doping services will be provided across the Games at all competition & training venues and the Commonwealth Games Villages.
- Ensure anti-doping scope and delivery aligns with identified CGF, WADA and IF regulations including any relevant policies and utilising intelligent testing methods
- Assist with the development of the Anti-Doping Standard for the Games, including content compilation and approval by the CGF
- Manage the contract, including operational liaison, with the appointed contractor for the Games
- Closely monitor the expenditure and deliverables of the appointed contractor and ensure all key tasks are completed in a timely manner as per the contract
- Report regularly to the Director of Sport and the CGF Anti-Doping & Medical Commission on all areas of responsibility, identifying and escalating early risks and identifying mitigations
- Manage a series of external relationships including significant liaison with a range of government agencies, the CGF Anti-Doping & Medical Commission, Commonwealth Games Associations, WADA and recognised National Anti-Doping Organisations
- Oversee the implementation of, and work with the appointed contractor to ensure, an effective anti-doping delivery model, including education and doping control programmes or initiatives at Games time
- Develop the policies and procedures to support the anti-doping program delivery in conjunction with the appointed contractor and the CGF's Anti-Doping & Medical Commission, including an efficient whereabouts system for sample collection purposes
For further responsibilities please see the job description.
Skills & Experience
- Experience working in an anti-doping environment
- Previous experience of leading a team within the sport / event industry
- Exposure to and knowledge of international requirements for Games sports
- Previous experience working in a project management capacity within the sport and/or event sector, involving multiple tasks and stakeholders
- Understand at a high level the anti-doping requirements of a major Games environment, and the linkages and deliverables of partner agencies
- Relationship management experience dealing with National and/or International Sport Federations
- Experience in recruiting, training and managing a large volunteer workforce
- Passionate about the delivery of Sport and an intelligence led anti-doping program at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- Knowledge of the Commonwealth Games
- Previous experience of working at a multi-sport Games
- Previous experience of working with Para Sports.
Salary - Competitive
Start date - ASAP
Location - Birmingham
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have achieved the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'