Office Administration Assistant
Part-Time or Full Time Role available
27.5 hours per week - c£14,000.00 per annum (P/T)
40 hours per week - c£20,300.00 per annum (F/T)
Our client is a well-established business trading for almost 50 years in the construction industry; supplying mechanical and non-mechanical plant hire equipment to a vast customer base across the UK.
Due to continued industry success and future business growth plans they are seeking to employ an experienced Administrator to join their team at their Barnsley Depot. You’ll be supporting the Stock Controller, Workshop Foreman and Operations Manager with the in-house administration.
If you have experience of an Engineering environment this would be advantageous as would experience with stock control administration however applicants with a good, stable Administration background will also be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Being first port of call for telephone calls and managing call distribution
- Monitoring and operating the entry barrier
- Signing in visitors
- Checking incoming vehicle delivery notes and verifying documents
- Scanning and submitting check-sheets to Head Office
- Raising and receiving stock transfers
- Liaising with works foreman/stock controller to ensure availability of equipment requested via stock transfers
- Ordering welfare and consumable materials
- Organising transport and placing orders for stock transfers
- Checking the status of all equipment on stock transfer vehicles
- Checking that received stock transfers agree with computer notes
- Investigating any inconsistencies with stock transfers, querying and resolving
- Accepting transfer of equipment into the depot-stock and querying disputed items
- Checking and chasing outstanding uncompleted transfers from depots
- Creating transfer notes and pick-lists
- Controlling and ensuring examination validity of all stock to be transferred
- Monitoring all goods inward/outward paperwork (Day Sheets) and file in date order
- Raising and issuing job sheets and updating completed job sheets, scanning and attaching to docs folder
- Completing yard staff time-sheets weekly and emailing to Depot Operations Manager by 10.00 each Monday
- Part time = 9:30 am - 4:00 pm with 1 hour for lunch - (flexibility to start later & finish later for school run)
- Full Time = 8:30 am to 5:30 pm with 1 hour for lunch
- Salary includes profit share bonus of 20% of annual earnings
- Holiday Entitlement - 25 days + Statutory holidays (pro rata for part-time hours)
- Pension Contribution - The company will match any pension contribution up to a max of 5% salary
- Life Insurance (Death in Service Pay-out) x two of annual salary
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'