Accounting Clerk Job Role:
Responsible for the entering and accuracy of a company's financial records. Creates transactions in the company ledger and make entries into the company's accounting software. Responsible for company record keeping. Have a firm understanding of accounting terminology and processes as well as a strong attention to detail. Help accountants directly.
Accounting Clerk Job Duties:
• Assists accountants and accounting managers in handling the accounting department's work flow
• Prepares accounting reports and track accounts payable
• Assembles deposits and keep accurate records relating to accounts receivable
• Makes ledger entries and ensure accuracy of all transactions
• Reconciles accounts and balance company financials
• Researches and corrects entries as necessary
• Compiles reports relating to activity areas, project costing, department expenditures, and company profitability
• Records transactions so that they can be consolidated and analysed by accountants
• Brings books to trial balance stage in preparation for the accountant to create financial statements
Accounting Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Knowledge of different accounting systems, Experience with bookkeeping, Attention to detail, Strong analytical skills, Knowledge of accounting terminology, Experience with pertinent different filing systems, Ability to keep various accounts straight and organised by project or personnel, Understanding of what information accountants need in order to do their jobs, Mathematical skills, Administrative skills, Organisational skills, Knowledge of accounting rules and legislation, Communication skills, Typing skills, Prioritisation skills, Data entry, Training in accounting software ideally in Sage line 50, Two-year degree in accounting, bookkeeping, or related field.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job