Accounts Clerk with Payroll - Farnworth £23,000 per annum
Your new company
Our client is a well established Manufacturing company, having been established for over 50 years. A friendly team and excellent working conditions, based not far from the centre of Farnworth.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Finance Supervisor & Finance Director, this role covers mainly purchase ledger and payroll processing responsibilities, generally assists the accounts department as necessary, providing any information required, administrative support etc.Purchase Ledger
- Inputting invoices accurately into the Efacs system.
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Handling supplier queries
- Entering Chain Division invoices onto spreadsheet
- Maintaining filing records of purchase orders, invoices, GRN's
- Approval of purchase invoices in accordance with company policies
- Checking and reconciling statements
- Preparation of the weekly and monthly payroll and submission to the bureau.
- Inputs and reconciliation of timesheets via SFDC system and Efacs
- Liaising with the Payroll Bureau
- Reconciliation of payroll control accounts to include monthly journals
- Preparation of the monthly pension contributions files.
- Distribution of payroll slips via email/automated systems.
- Management of the holiday system, currently paper based but moving to electronic format (Edays).
- Collating and recording of absenteeism, sickness records to management.
- Management of the Long Service Bonus scheme
- Dealing with payroll queries from personnel and tax office, other government agencies.
- Presentation of payroll information to senior management.
- Provide a professional, courteous and efficient service to all;
- Deputise and provide cover for the Finance Supervisor
- Ensure the integrity of the balance sheet
- Maintain adequate financial controls, highlighting variances.
- Involvement in the monthly forecasting process
What you'll need to succeed
Essential: Experience of working in an accounts role, understanding of payroll systems including working knowledge of PAYE, tax credits, SSP and SMP. A passion for analytical and numerical skills. Experience of using Microsoft office, specifically on Microsoft Excel.
What you'll get in return
Interesting and varied role, free parking, competitive remuneration, pension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Accounts Clerk with payroll
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'