Start: ASAP - early June 2018
Hours: Thursday & Friday, 09:00 to 17:30
Skills: Finance, Accounts Admin, Processing reports, bank reconciliations, journal posting, intermediate Excel
About the company
Our client is one of the largest and most successful retailers in the UK and can offer an outstanding working environment as well as the opportunity to continually grow with the business. This is a great opportunity to gain some temporary work experience within this fantastic business.
What will your working week be like?
Supporting the Cash Management Supervisor by assisting as and when required;
- To reconcile the bank accounts
- To liaise with stores on the telephone and investigate and resolve cash management and other queries.
- To contribute to the Store Accounts daily, month end and year end processes
- Reconciliation of bank account(s)
- Deal with stores incoming calls, and make outbound calls to stores, to resolve cash management issues identified by reports and reconciliations
- Preparation and processing of month end procedures
- To undertake various administrative tasks and complete them in a timely and accurate manner
- Opening and distributing the daily post
- Filing of bank statements & journals
- Processing of stores coupon banking’s and variance journals
- Various Administrative banking related procedures - e.g. Cheque Printing, Paying in etc.
- Liaising with stores to correct back office discrepancies
- Administration of banking difference notifications
- Submitting of authorised BACS and CHAPS payments to banks
- Preparing journals on Oracle General Ledger
Who will this role suit?
Working within a busy finance team, you will be supporting the Cash Management Supervisor in the daily running of this department. A self-motivated and deadline drive attitude is a must; along with excellent communication skills to liaise with colleagues at all levels in a professional manner:
- Experience working within a finance environment
- Purchase ledger/expense ledger
- Enthusiastic and hard working
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Managing supplier invoice queries
- Experience and knowledge of Oracle financials AP Software would be an advantage
- Experience and sound knowledge of supplier reconciliations
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Accurate and methodical in approach to work
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- bank reconciliations
- Accounts Admin
- journal posting
- Processing reports
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job