Temporary 6 Months likely to extend
Role Overview: Accounts Assistant
My client a leading energy provider is looking to engage an Accounts Assistant on a 6-month fixed term basis which could be extended. For this position, you will be required to gain BPSS clearance and undergo a drug and alcohol test.
In your role of Accounts Assistant, you will be based within the Finance Department reporting directly to the Special Projects Accountant and will be part of a team responsible for the delivery of the monthly claims.
Your primary purpose is to support the Project Accountant with the financial accountability and control in relation to the collation and recording of all information in respect of applications for funding the discharge of qualifying liabilities and ensuring that processes and procedures align to the company, policies and specifications.
Key responsibilities: Accounts Assistant
- Support the Projects Accountant in the delivery of the monthly claims pack with the collation of all data for each claim.
- Reconciliation of Project Managers reports to monthly claim pack and other relevant documentation.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Liaison with contract partners on work scope delivered to date.
- Actively participate in "Authority" monthly review meetings.
- Assist with all quarterly accrual substantiations and audit requirements.
- Aged Debtors / Balance sheet analysis and reconciliation.
- Ensure correct entries in financials relating to purchasing of all goods and services.
- Perform analysis of hours worked against projects rate decks.
- Produce reports and process journals.
- Liaise with Supply Chain and Accounts Payable on documentation required to back up claims.
- Work closely with Projects Accountant on business planning and business support reporting team on reconciliation of balance sheets accounts.
- Assist with the review and forecast cash flow impact.
- Support Project Accountant on all other special project work
Experience/knowledge required: Accounts Assistant
- A positive attitude supporting continuous improvement
- The confidence to propose ideas and challenge others views
- Proven experience in delivering quality information to tight deadlines
- Understanding of SAP financials
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Minimum of 2 years of finance and accounting experience
- Microsoft Excel
In order to apply, you should be working towards a relevant finance qualification such as AAT or be qualified by experience. Also, you should ideally hold or be working towards an accounting professional qualification.
Please apply via the website or directly to me and for further information please call me on . I look forward to speaking with you.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- "Finance Assistant" accounts finance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job