My client is looking for a bright and talented Junior Accountant to support their Finance team who are based near Hammersmith Bridge in London, in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Accounts Manager, the successful candidate will have a ‘can do’ attitude and be an eager learner, be able to hit the ground running as their finance team often work to tight deadlines.
The responsibilities of the role are as follows:
• Assistance with the processing of sales/purchase ledger entries
• Collection and entry of various financial databases
• The review and auditing of financial statements and reports, ensuring all calculations and data entries and reconciliations are correct
• Collecting information for and preparing employee payroll payments
• Producing and analysing regular financial reports and management accounts
• Preparing VAT returns and regular monthly invoices
• Adherence to the company's financial policies and procedures
• Attending department meetings and assisting with financial reporting to managers
• The successful candidate will also be expected to suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions as well as the potential to contribute to KPI metrics and reporting
Relevant skills and experience:
• Degree in business, finance or accounting
• A minimum of 2-3 years of experience within a Finance or Accounts department
• SAGE experience highly desirable
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a high attention to detail
Hours of operation: Full time: 5 days a week, Mon-Friday, 9.00am-5.30pm.
Salary : £21-£25K depending on experience (plus an annual bonus of up to 15%)
Holiday : Twenty three days paid holiday per year
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job