JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTS & ADMIN SUPERVISOR
PURPOSE OF JOB: Carry out bookkeeping and administration functions including HR/Payroll, and oversee the general running of the department.
RESOURCES: Must be experienced in using: Sage Accounts 50 Professional, Sage 50 Payroll, Paxton, SinglePoint and MS Packages
The role involves 3 key areas of responsibility, as outlined below:
- 1. Supervisor - duties include but are not limited to:
- Liaise with the company buyer to ensure purchases meet both cashflow and purchasing requirements.
- Authorising payments to be processed by the Accounts Admin Assistant.
- Ensure all End of Month Reporting is completed in a timely manner, and report back to the Company Accountants and Directors.
- Oversee the reporting of Weekly and Monthly reporting.
- Work in close association with the Company Accountants to ensure accuracy and auditing of accounts. Meticulously check monthly Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and VAT Report for errors and discrepancies, making corrections where necessary.
- Check and approve corrections on Sage 50 Accounts.
- Oversee and make provisions for all major payments such as VAT, PAYE, Wages, and Rent etc. using the Tax Saver spreadsheet.
- 2. Accounts - duties include but are not limited to:
- Check customer refunds prior to processing.
- Carry out and submit the quarterly VAT Return, and process the payment.
- Reconcile various accounts as part of the month end procedures.
- Ensure all the correct paperwork is received into the Accounts Department for correct bookkeeping.
- Management of Petty Cash, approving payments and arranging withdrawals from the Current account to Petty Cash.
- Creating and maintaining departmental and overhead budgets, liaising with Department Managers and Directors.
- 3. Payroll/HR - duties include but are not limited to:
- Process Weekly and Monthly Payroll and all related submissions in a timely manner.
- Printing of timesheets
- Logging all staff sickness/absence and holiday
- Ensure Managers keep meticulous and up-to-date records of employee overtime and TOIL
- Calculate holiday entitlement
- Administer the automatic enrolment of the Company Pensions Scheme.
- Keeping annual leave records up-to-date on the annual leave spreadsheets and notice boards.
- Assist the Company Accountants with the processing of P11D’s.
- Process the Monthly P32 Report.
- Maintain accurate filing of employee personnel folders, keeping in line with current legislation and GDPR standards.
- Any other functions relating to Human Resources which may vary from time to time.
In order to be considered for this position, please click the APPLY button below to forward a copy of your CV and a member of the hiring team will be in touch to discuss the application
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job