Job Title: Accountant
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Contract type: Permanent
Duties for the Accountant:
- Responsible for the day to day general ledger administration
- Prepare monthly Trading and Intercompany reporting
- Prepare monthly schedules, supporting evidence and journals relating to accruals and prepayment
- Reviewed bank reconciliations for all company bank accounts (GBP and foreign currencies) performed by the accounts assistant, and prepare payment runs for authorisation by senior management
- Maintain appropriate controls and records around petty cash, and ensure expenditure is recorded accurately within the financial records of the business
- Ensure month-end periods are closed in line with internal and wider global Group timetables
- Prepare month-end management accounts for the Group to be reviewed by the Group Financial Controller and Finance Director
- Review and pay wages prepared by the payroll departments on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Liaise with the Group Payroll Administrator and Credit Controller on all matters relating to the Group companies for which the Company Accountant is responsible.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
Attributes need for the Accountant:
- AAT qualified, and Studying CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- Experience of general ledger administration - day-to-day use of a recognised accounting software system, posting of month-end journals, etc;
- Experience of VAT and Corporation Tax reporting - preparation of data and electronic submissions
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with internal and external stakeholders
- Intermediate Excel skills - Vlookups, pivot tables, SQL data extract/manipulation.
Desirable Previous Systems for the Accountant:
- Experience of SAP and One Office (Kerridge) or similar ERP system in an equivalent industry
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'