Swansea based manufacturing business - providing customised niche products and solutions which create added value and increase overall efficiency and profits for their customers. They are committed to delivering high quality solutions, equipment and after sales care to global and national companies. If you are interested in joining an exciting company within South Wales this company may be right for you.
They realise that their employees are one of the keys to their success and look for individuals who share their passion to succeed. As a leader in their field, they are growing rapidly and have a key senior finance position available in Swansea.
The role: A business focused, progressive Accountant/Financial Controller is required to manage, coordinate and deliver all finance responsibilities for the UK site ensuring production of accurate and timely finance information, including the production of accounts, budgeting, forecasting and financials with the aim of improving performance and capability of the company. The Financial Controller will play a key role in the UK business. Knowledge of SAGE packages - SAGE 100 or 200 preferred - as well as knowledge and a strong interest in the manufacturing sector is required.
This is an exciting and challenging position for an ambitious accountant keen to work with Senior Management across sites in the UK, within a fast paced, ambitious business. Essential responsibilities include : This is a highly visible and critical role within the UK site and the desire to get involved and contribute in Operations is essential:
- Directly responsible for planning, directing and controlling the financial and administrative function for the UK
- Over-see day to day operations (to the extent that they affect budgets and financial management) across the company and monitor actual versus planned output on a weekly/monthly basis
- Work with the management team to develop solutions for day to day problems - such solutions should enable the company to enhance its lean activities
- Work with the management team to understand variances between planned and actual output/results
- Approve the implementation plan, presented by management, for addressing such variances and monitor progress against such plans
- Lead and develop the finance team
- Lead and manage the budgeting process
- Overall cash management on an ongoing basis, including reporting cash flow forecasts on a weekly basis.
- Formulation of annual budgets and targets
- Overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit systems
- Work with senior team to grow the business by formulating strategies and plans
- Preparation and submission of weekly and monthly reports, as relevant to the management team
- Presentation of annual accounts with recommendations, including related audit file
- Preparation and review of monthly management accounts on a timely basis, including the reporting and investigation of variances and outlining of any suggested recovery plans required
- All treasury related matters
- Capital expenditure - evaluation of submissions
- Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met including HMRC and the Companies House
- Preparation of UK finance key performance indicators and all relevant management information
- Principal operational contact with the UK business' bank and all other relevant external parties
- Management of cost base (e.g. vehicles, insurances, expenses)
- Processing of payroll, supplier payments, HMRC returns
- Work with outsourced IT third parties to implement finance systems/processes and technologies as required for the UK site
- Professional accounting qualification and a minimum of 3 years of post-qualification experience in engineering/manufacturing desirable
- In depth SAGE experience essential
- Strong Microsoft essential
- Able to operate effectively in a high volume and fast paced engineering manufacturing operation
- Experience of Budgets and Financial controls
- Ability to work diplomatically and confidentially in an environment of margin control
- Experience instigating, managing and delivering projects both inside the finance department and throughout operations
- Ability to build multiple relationships at different levels
- Strong communication, analytical, and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Thorough understanding of accounting and impact on the day to day business
- Professional, confident and mature approach
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- qualified accountant manufacturing SAGE
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job