My client a well know high street retailer are looking to recruit a Accessories Buyer to their expanding team. You will source, develop, buy and deliver a specific range of products at the right cost, right time and the right place to achieve the Company's gross profit.
Day to day responsibilities
- Plan and agree the sales/margin and stock budget with the Merchandisers and General Managers.
- Source, select and negotiate with suppliers to obtain optimum product, prices and terms of contract.
- Undertake selection of all new products.
- Gather, analyse and interpret product, market and customer information in order to forecast future demand patterns for supply chain requirements.
- In conjunction with Merchandising, monitor and control the range to ensure budgeted stock turn, margin and profit targets are achieved.
- Manage the range plan to maximize customer service levels.
- Liaise with the Marketing Manager to ensure all promotions are executed correctly.
- Work with the Trading and Marketing Managers to resolve commercial problems.
- When required, conduct range presentations to the Board, General Mangers, Retail and Overseas Investors.
- To have a full awareness of all legal and safety standards.
- Supervise the workload and appraisal of a Buyer's Assistant.
Competitive salary and excellent company benefits
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job