HSS Hire is the UK’s original tool and equipment hire company with an award-winning reputation for being the best in the industry. Due to our continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for a 7.5T Driver to join our team at your local depot.
What does the job involve?
As a Driver you will provide a safe, compliant, reliable, effective delivery and collection service for HSS Hire, carrying out deliveries and collections to our internal and external customers in a professional manner.
You will be keeping an accurate record of deliveries and collections using PDA and delivery documentation, you will be responsible for collecting any money due on the delivery/collection as instructed; all monies collected from the customer remains the responsibility of the driver until it is signed for as received by the Line Manager.
Whilst being safe and responsible and adhering to the traffic laws and Highway Code at all times, you will also demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all aspects of the working day whilst also maintaining product knowledge.
Overall, your main duties will be to:
• Customer service! Although we have dedicated customer advisors within HSS, a lot of our customers only ever see our drivers as the face of the company! It’s really important you embrace this in your role, and are always seen to be going above and beyond for them.
• You will carry out multi-drop deliveries and collections to our internal and external customers in a professional manner, representing the company at all times, whether you’re on the road, or with a customer.
• You will carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks ensuring any defects found are reported to the Transport Manager.
• Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all aspects of the working day.
• Embrace sales campaigns and generate leads for the sales team.
As the face of the company you will represent the values ("HSSness") of the business and portray a professional and business-like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
You will be responsible for carrying out weekly vehicle checks ensuring any defects found are reported to the Transport Manager. You will ensure that any equipment on the vehicle is secured and protected where necessary as well as ensuring all locations and company vehicles are maintained to our 360 brand.
You will be provided with full workwear and PPE, and provided with a full induction on entry to your new position, which will cover everything from health and safety to the ins and outs of your new role.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will hold a full, clean UK driving licence and full valid CPC, with experience in working in a fast paced commercial driving environment with experience of driving a commercial vehicle.
As well as demonstrating an understanding of safe loading, manual handling, the towing process and transporting hazardous good, they will also hold exceptional communication and customer service skills.
HSS Hire is committed to equality of opportunity
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job