Financeplus is WPP’s internal Financial Shared Service organisation, providing transactional back-office financial services to WPP companies. Financeplus supports a range of processes including:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Media Billing & Payments
- Accounting and Reporting
- Statutory reporting
By consolidating activities under one roof, Financeplus takes advantage of volume to deliver increased efficiency. This is achieved by standardising, streamlining and aligning relevant processes, and introducing tools & technology to drive effectiveness across our operations. By taking over transactional financial activities, Financeplus allows our agencies to focus on commercial activities, client management and revenue / cost management.
Financeplus UK was the first Financeplus, opening in 2011. There are now have offices in Australia, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Spain, the UK and the USA, and have recently started in Venezuela.
Financeplus has a clearly defined migration methodology that we will use for all future deployments. This will ensure a smoother transfer of activities with full clarity and proper preparation.
Working as part of a team to support a portfolio of clients, the Reporting Accountant will be responsible for the delivery of the month end for their agencies. Key to this will be working to a structured timetable of delivery, with support from the Reporting Assistant, and taking the lead in interacting with the agencies. They will review, approve and maintain workpapers to reconcile figures in DS Accounting and Cartesis systems.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible to oversee and partake in the following activities of the Reporting team;
- Build effective relationship with agency Finance team
- Show clear understanding of reporting requirements and deadlines
- Regularly monitor status and assess current work priorities
- Calculate Prepayments and Accruals and produce journals to post
- Fixed Asset Ledger ownership and maintenance
- Load and Publish P&L and Balance Sheet actuals in Cartesis
- Review and reconciliation of Cartesis submission, maintaining workpapers to evidence the accurate reporting by line and pack and the clearance of blocking errors, prior to publishing.
- Produce Balance Sheet Reconciliations and folder to present to agencies with actions required
- Posting Journals
- Review and approve payments provided by Treasury Team
- Review and approve bank reconciliations provided by Treasury Team
- Able to give clear direction and support to Reporting Assistant
- Review and approve all work by Reporting Assistant, before being sent to agencies
- Support Intercompany Assistants
- Ensure full compliance with SOX requirements
- Work with the Senior Reporting Manager to provide training to colleagues, to develop good resources for new team members and ensure effective cover for holidays, sickness etc.
Key Role Requirements:
Qualifications & Education:
- Educated to degree level, preferable Finance
- CIMA/ACCA studier
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong Technical Skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional mind-set
- Ability to work within a strong team dynamic
Previous Work Experience:
- Experience of working in a finance team
- Management Accounts
- Management of Balance Sheet Review File
- Training team members and new joiners
- Liaising with Senior Management
- Presenting to External Clients
- Working on Fixed Asset Register, Accruals and Prepayments
Training / Learning provided:
- Company/Department Training
- Training on software packages - Media Ocean and Cartesis
- On-line Balance Sheet reconciliation tool - ADRA
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounts
- Part Qualified
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'