Our client is an automobile interior component manufacturer specializing in automobile seats.
The main business today is developing and producing automobile interior components such as seats, door trim and roof trim.
Reporting to the Office Systems IT Section Manager, this role requires a range of skills, both personal and technical, to support a diverse operation across a multi-platform environment to include existing systems as well as supporting the implementation of new technologies.
The role will focus on the continual improvement of the support provision along with maintaining and maximising system high availability.
Based in Swindon, the role will be supporting all internal and external customers associated with the business.
- Ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner to meet defined service level targets.
- Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes.
- To participate as a project resource as and when required.
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all systems, builds and modifications.
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively.
- Ensure desktop, laptop and server support is maintained including configuration, repair, administration and management thereof.
- Hardware and software support including configuration of desktops, laptops, AV, IP phones, portable devices
- Proactively help resolve tickets where required.
- Participate in on an on call rota as required.
- Work with Departmental Managers to develop and deliver improvements to processes and procedures.
- Provide the Departmental Managers with updates and reports as and when required.
- Work together to develop a knowledge base for the Service Delivery team to develop proactive solutions to common problems.
- Deliver professional response to all assigned incidents and tasks, proving accurate and timely updates to all stakeholders.
- The candidate will have a proven track record with a minimum of 2 years IT experience as 1st and 2nd line engineer supporting a multi-platform environment, this experience should include project experience along with knowledge and understanding of ITIL best practice.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive customer service outlook
- A clear focus on high quality work, reliable, tolerant, and a determined individual
- Pleasant, polite, mature, credible, and comfortable in with working in a manufacturing environment
- Good communication skills for dealing with diverse range of colleagues and customers
- Keen for new experience and grow skill sets
- Hardware Solutions
- software support
- problem solving
- 1st/2nd line support
- configuration of hardware
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job