The Teachers Training
Add to basket or enquire
Kickstart your career as a Teaching Assistant today with the Teaching Assistant Course. This course is perfect for taking the first steps to your dream career and is guaranteed to impress potential employers!
Learners can become accredited in as little as three hours, all from the comfort of your home with our online, self-paced mode of study.
- This Teaching Assistant Course is endorsed by TQUK, an Ofqual-regulated awarding organisation in the UK, guaranteeing all students a recognised professional achievement upon completion of the Teaching Assistant Course.
- The Teaching Assistant Course is also accredited by CPD, with 10 CPD points available to students as proof of your new qualification.
Split into ten comprehensive modules, this course will cover the fundamentals and essential skills you need to become a successful Teaching Assistant. Beginning by giving you an overview of the profession, the course then moves on to look at more detailed topics such as what it is like working within a school and how you can ensure the best learning environment possible for pupils.
This TQUK endorsed course is delivered 100% online and is packed with interactive content to ensure you finish the course with a complete understanding of the role of a Teaching Assistant.
Why Choose Teachers Training
Some of our website features are:
- This is a dedicated website for teaching
- 24/7 tutor support
- Interactive Content
- Affordable price
- Courses accredited by the UK’s top awarding bodies
- 100% online
- Flexible deadline
Module 01: Teaching Assistant Overview
- Introduction to Learning and Teaching
- Ideal Characteristics of a TA
- Roles and Responsibilities of TA
Module 02: Professional Developments for a TA
- Assisting Learning and Teaching in the Classroom
- Developing Professional Skills and Knowledge
- Empowering TAs to Support the Learning Process
- Practical Support for the Colleagues
- Leadership and Management for a TA
- Mandatory Professional Practice
Module 03: Working with the School and Its Policies
- School as an Organisation
- Working in Schools
- The School Development Plan
- Curriculum and Teaching Policies
- Other Policies
Module 04: Discussion on Curriculum, Assessment and Monitoring
- Linking Your Course and Preparing the Syllabus/Curriculum
- Planning and Assessment
- Monitoring and Feedback and Recording
- Taking Notes
- Performance Review
- Personal Organising and Keeping Files
Module 05: Providing the Best Learning Environment
- The Whole-School Learning Environment
- Safe Learning Environment
- First Aid Skills
- The Child Care Environment
Module 06: Learn to Implement ICT, Literacy and Numeracy Development Process as a TA
- Literacy and Numeracy Development
- Support the Use of ICT in the Classroom
- Support for Learning Activities
- Teaching the First Day of Class
Module 07: Child Development and the SEN Support
- Child and Young Personal Development
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Supporting Pupil with SEN
- National Documents and Strategies Relating to SEN and Inclusion
- Legislation Relating to SEN and Inclusion in England and Wales
Module 08: Understanding Behaviour & Relationships as a TA
- Some Different Theoretical Perspectives
- The ABCs of Behaviour
- Antecedents - What Happens To Trigger Behaviour?
- Consequences - Good and Bad
- Behaviour Around The School: What's Your School Policy?
- The Beneficial Effects of Positive Relationships
- How Does Good Teaching Affect Behaviour?
- The ABCs of Adult Behaviour
- Helping Pupils Take Responsibility for Their Own Behaviour
Module 09: Experienced TAs Maintain Strong Communications with the Students
- Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties - A Definition
- Behaviour as Communication
- Enhancing Communication Using Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) In the Classroom
- Communication with Parents and Carers
- Discipline Strategies
- De-Escalating Difficult Situations
- Communicating Assertively Not Aggressively
- Individual Strategies in the Learning Environment
- Conversation for Change for Older Children
- Professional Supervision in Schools
- Work Discussion Groups, the Group Mind and Supervision
- Helping Schools Develop New Ways of Working
- Benefits of Multidisciplinary Working
Module 10: Career Prospects for TA in the UK
- Key Elements Underpinning a Professional Framework for Teaching Assistants
- What Specific Training and/or Qualifications Are Required
- Professional Framework for Teaching Assistants
- Ofqual Qualifications
- The HLTA Status
- Becoming A HLTA
- What Are Foundation Degrees?
- I’ve Been a Teaching Assistant for Many Years, How Can I Become a Teacher
- If You Are Not a Graduate
- Taking This Further: Developing Yourself as a TA
After completing all the modules in the Teaching Assistant Course, students will be required to sit a multiple-choice assessment to test your knowledge. The assessment will be delivered through our online learning platform, with immediate results available upon completion.
Endorsed Certification from TQUK:
After successfully completing the Teaching Assistant Course assignment, students will be eligible for a globally-recognised TQUK-endorsed certification for an accreditation fee of £59. There is an additional £10 postage charge for international students.
CPD Certification from The Teachers Training:
After successfully completing the multiple-choice assessment for the Teaching Assistant Course, students will qualify for a CPD-accredited certificate from Teachers Training to showcase your new achievement.
- Free PDF certificates are available for instant download as soon as students have successfully completed the assessment
- Hard copy certificates can be ordered and sent via post for only £8.99
Add an amazing new skill to your CV and give yourself a competitive advantage when applying for jobs!
Who is this course for?
This Teaching Assistant Course is ideal for anyone who wants to:
- Gain a formal, accredited qualification to fast track their career
- Learn more about the role of a Teaching Assistant
- Test their skills and knowledge to become a more competent professional
- Change careers and move into the world of teaching
The Teaching Assistant Course has no formal entry requirements. However, we do ask that all students:
- Have a passion for learning
- Have a good understanding of the English language
- Be motivated and hard-working
- Are over the age of 16
This Teaching Assistant Course provides learners with the opportunities to explore professions like:
- Teaching Assistant
- SEN Teaching Assistant
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi there, just wanted to ask what the assessment consists off and will it be online?
Dear Learner, Thanks for reaching out. The assessment is based on the course content and is of MCQ type. And the assessment will be online. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Grace Mitchell asked:
Hi, by completing the course, how many CPD points I'll earn?
Dear Grace, You will obtain 10 CPD Points after completing the course. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Grace Mitchell asked:
How many hours need to complete this Teaching Assistant Course???
Dear Grace, The course duration is 03 hours of continuous study. However, after purchasing, you will get one-year access to the course, and you can complete it anytime within a year. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.