NCC Home Learning
Add to basket or enquire
The Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools course is aimed at individuals looking to work in a school as a teaching or classroom assistant. It provides the RQF, formerly known as a QCF qualification for working within this area.
This programme will allow students to gain a greater knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities and duties of workers who are involved in supporting teaching and learning in schools. It will enable the learner to develop their skills to work in an effective manner.
You will gain the ability to help and support children and young people in developing their self-esteem, skills for learning and independence.
This course will allow students to improve their knowledge, technical skills and also become aware of the significance of positive relationships in a school setting.
- Unit 1: Understand Children's and Young People's Development
- Unit 2: Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Unit 3: Support Children's and Young People's Health and Safety
- Unit 4: Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care, or Children's and Young People's Settings
- Unit 5: Support Learning Activities
- Unit 6: Promote Children's and Young People's Positive Behaviour
- Unit 7: Develop Professional Relationships with Children, Young People, and Adults
- Unit 8: Promote Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
- Unit 9: Support Assessment for Learning
- Unit 10: Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People, and Adults
- Unit 11: Schools as Organisations
Duration study load
- 180 hours
- No previous knowledge required
- Exam(s)/assessment(s) is included in price
- 12 months expert tutor support
- Once enrolled you will be eligible to apply for a TOTUM PRO student card to enjoy a variety of student discounts across the UK
Students are required to complete a work placement of at least 50 hours in order to achieve this qualification.
- Training Qualifications UK
TQUK are fully approved as an awarding organisation by Ofqual and award RQF courses in a number of sectors. RQF courses have various credit values which can be applied to the National Credit Transfer System.
This programme is assessed through a series of Tutor Marked assignments along with practical work which is examined in the workplace.
A written assignment is needed for each unit, this is assessed by your tutor. Completed assignments provide evidence towards the required learning outcome for each unit and contributes to your course portfolio.
You will also be required to complete practical activities for some of the units. This is assessed in the workplace and is evidenced through witness testimonies, signed by your supervisor at your placement. At least 50 hours is required to complete the practical tasks, this can be split over the duration of the course.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is recommended for those who aspire to work in teaching assistant roles in school settings with pupils aged over 5 years and studying Key Stage 1 or above.
A work placement of at least 50 hours is needed to prove you have achieved the work-based learning outcomes.
No previous experience or knowledge is required to apply for this course. You can choose when to start the course at any point up to 12 months from initial registration with complete tutor support.
Popular job roles include: Teaching Assistant, Learning Support Assistant and Special Educational Needs Assistant.
Questions and answers
TQUK Level 3 Certificate
Hard copy certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.