Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
Achilles Tendonitis, ACL tears, ankle sprains – these are the unfortunate realities in the world of sports collectively known as sports injuries. In general, the more physical contact a sport has, the greater the risk of a gruesome injury. But don’t panic! Start your journey with this Sports Injuries course — to know the ins and outs of all kinds of sports injuries and how to prepare your body for the sport.
The aim of this Sports Injuries course is to give you a clear understanding of all the injuries related to sports and discuss their treatments. You will also be given an introduction to sports first aid. We will take you back to the history of sports medicine and let you know the purpose and necessities of Sports Medicine.
Key Topics to Be Covered by Sports Injuries Course:
- Most commonly encountered sports injuries
- External and internal symptoms created by sports activities
- Sports First Aid techniques and athletic anatomies
- Drugs and doping that can occur in sporting events
- Medical emergencies and precautionary safety protocol
We will illustrate a detailed approach to the principles behind the rehabilitation of sports injuries. You will know how to promptly recognize an injury, and ensure that your client seeks appropriate medical care to minimize break from training and ensure their safety. So, why not get started with the Sports Injuries course today? Stand out in your career by learning these traits and skills from this Sports Injuries course and help people of all ages to maintain their health and fitness and recover from injury.
Skills You Will Gain from Sports Injuries course:
- Learn how to become an expert and deal with Sports injuries.
- More knowledgeable about a particular injury, ailment, or condition.
- Understanding of how sporting injuries can occur, the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management of such injuries.
- The basics of rehabilitation for sports injuries including stretching, strengthening, proprioception, sports-specific activities.
- Provide immediate first aid.
- Get familiar with the flexibility in Injury prevention and rehabilitation.
- Know about the procedure of doping control.
- Be familiar with Medical assessment and Pre-participation Screening.
- Enhance your skills in the PPS process and get an idea of the consequences of the PPS Process.
The Sports Injuries course has been designed by experts, to create a rich and in-depth training experience for all the students who enrol on it. Enrol on the Sports Injuries course now and get instant access to all Sports Injuries course materials.
Enjoy the Sports Injuries course materials online from any internet-enabled device and learn when it suits you. Start your learning journey with this Sports Injuries course straight away and take a step forward in securing a better future!
Why should you choose the Sports Injuries course with Academy for Health & Fitness?
• Opportunity to earn a certificate accredited by CPD, CMA & IAO after completing this Sports Injuries course
• Student ID card with amazing discounts — completely for FREE! (£10 postal charges will be applicable for international delivery)
• Globally accepted standard structured lesson planning
• Innovative and engaging contents and activities
• Assessments that measure higher-level thinking and skills
• Complete the Sports Injuries program in your own time, at your own pace
• Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
The Curriculum of Sports Injuries Course:
Module 1: Introduction to Sports Injuries
- What is Sports Injuries
- How Prevalent are Sports Injuries
- Sports injuries to Lower Leg, Ankle and Foot
- Sports injuries to the Shoulder
- Sports injuries to the Knee
- Sports injuries of the Head
- Sports injuries to the Wrist
- Sports injuries to the Hand
Module 2: Top Ten Common Sports Injuries
- Top Ten Common Sports Injuries
- Diagnosis of Top Ten Common Sports Injuries
- Prevention of Top Ten Common Sports Injuries
- Treatment of Top Ten Common Sports Injuries
Module 3: Other Injuries Related to Sports and their Treatment
- Achilles tendon rupture
- Ankle Fracture
- Arch Pain
- Baker's cyst
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Clavicle Injuries
Module 4: Internal Organ Injuries and their Treatment
- Ruptured Spleen
- Bruised Kidney
- Testicular Trauma
Module 5: Sports First Aid
- What is First Aid?
- Introduction to Sports First Aid
- Role & Responsibilities of Sports First Aider
Module 6: Sports Medicine
- The Definition of Sports Medicine
- The History of Sports Medicine
- The Purpose and Necessities of Sports Medicine
- The Practice of Sports Medicine in Modern Day
- General Considerations in Sports Medicine
Module 7: Anatomy and Physiology of Sports Injuries
- Musculoskeletal System
- Neurological System
- Digestive System
- Respiratory and Circulatory Systems
- Urinary System
- How Injuries and Illnesses Occur
Module 8: Drugs and Doping in Sport
- Doping Strategies
- Doping Substances
- Doping control procedures
- Blood doping
- Actions and effects
- The health risks and side effects
Module 9: Medical Assessment and Pre-participation Screening
- Introduction to PPS
- Principles of Screening
- The PPS Process
- Benefits of Screening
- Medical Examination
- Consequences of the PPS Process
Module 10: Treating Medical Emergencies in Sports
- Emergency Action Steps
- Airway Blockage
- Heimlich Manoeuvre
Module 11: Prevention and Rehabilitation Planning of Sports-Related Injuries
- Strength and Conditioning in Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Nutrition in Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Running Mechanics in Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Landing Mechanics in Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Throwing Mechanics in Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Flexibility in Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
Once you have completed all the modules in the Sports Injuries course, you can assess your skills and knowledge with an optional assignment. Our expert trainers will assess your assignment and give you feedback afterwards.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
The learners have to complete the assessment of this Sports Injuries course to achieve the CPD certificate. Digital certificates can be ordered for only £10. The learner can purchase printed hard copies inside the UK for £29, and international students can purchase printed hard copies for £39.
Who is this course for?
Is The Sports Injuries Course Right for You?
When you complete the educational modules in the Sports Injuries course, you will have the practical knowledge and ability to provide medical assistance for injured persons. This can provide a definitive advantage to those coaching a sports team or working at a leisure facility or sporting venue.
This Sports Injuries course is ideal for anyone interested in this topic and who wants to learn more about it. These Sports Injuries will help you gain a strong understanding of the core concepts and will allow you to gain in-depth knowledge of the subject matter.
Our Sports Injuries course is suitable for everyone. There are no specific entry requirements, and you can access the course materials from anywhere in the world.
There are no previous knowledge requirements for the Sports Injuries program; this is open to anyone! Any learning enthusiast from anywhere in the world can enrol on this Sports Injuries course without any hesitation.
All students must have a passion for learning and literacy, as well as being over the age of 16.
Browse this 100% online course from any internet device, including your computer, tablet or smartphone. Study at your own pace and earn an industry-recognised qualification with this Sports Injuries course.
Sports medicine is a fast-growing healthcare field and you may find a highly rewarding career including:
- Physical therapist
- Physical therapy assistant
- Physician assistant
- Athletic trainer
- Sports medicine instructor
- Sports injury and rehabilitation researcher
- Exercise physiologist
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation specialist
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.