Add to basket or enquire
Learn to model 3D topography within SketchUp from CAD. From point-height data to modelling landscaped gardens; in our 3-hour live sessions, we coach a step-by-step ‘how to’ for improving the quality of your landscaping, as accurately & smoothly as possible. Release your inner Charlie Dimmock on our new Landscaping bite-size course.
Modelling topography using Sketchup - Course Syllabus
SketchUp is not just used for simple, boxy 3D models… it is more than capable of producing flowing, organic topography models too….
In this short, 3-hour course, delivered online through the magic of video conferencing, we look at how to create and intuitively edit advanced ‘quad-mesh’ topography from contour lines or point-heights.
Take your landscaping to the next level in this guided online course, as we cover the basics of Toposhaper & Artisan – SketchUp extensions that are used to create more advanced topography meshes than the native Sandbox tool will allow/.
- What types of topographic information can be made available to use?
- How do we set up our files in preparation?
- What is SketchUp’s Sandbox tools capable of – can we do better?
Creating a Quadmesh
- What is a quadmesh, and how do we create one?
- How do we ‘cut into’ our topography?
- What is a ‘soap-skin’ and why are we covering this?!
Editing a Quadmesh
- What is the best way to edit a quadmesh?
- Let’s look into how to increase the quality of our work…
- How do we separate areas of the mesh from each other?
Important ‘you should know’s’
These webinar sessions are made up of 3-hours worth of training. We will be sure to contact you directly and discuss your course in advance so please remember to add a contact email and number in the purchase process. We require a minimum of 2 people sitting this course and reserve the right to move your seat onto the next available date if our minimum requirement is not met. For cancellation advice, please see our FAQ section.
Who is this course for?
Anyone looking to advance their skills in modelling topography in SketchUp
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.