Add to basket or enquire
If you care about the well-being of children who require added attention, this course is the best way to get started. Designed with sophistication, SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma course enables you to acquire a new skill or kickstart a professional career. The special discount on this SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma is for a limited time, so don’t miss out!
Fundamental Skills Covered in the SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma
- Become a skilled SEN Teaching Assistant through learning about classroom methodologies, communication skills, safeguarding children, children behaviour, their learning difficulties and ways to address those difficulties
- Learn the roles and duties and understand the step-by-step process to start a career as an SEN Teaching Assistant
- Gain all the requisite skills associated with working with children and younger people with Special Educational Needs
- Get comprehensive insight into the practical methods that foster the learning of children and young people
- Discover more about ADHD and Dyslexia including how they impact learning
- Become more flexible to collaborate with parents and other teachers as a professional SEN Teaching Assistant
- Be able to work with children and address their learning difficulties and limitations
- Learn the techniques to address learning difficulties in children
- Discover how to take care of the children as an SEN Teaching Assistant in a more effective manner
Why the SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma from One Education is favourite among professionals
- Instantly accessible CPD-accredited certificate on successful completion of this SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma course
- 24/7 access to the course for 12 months
- No hidden fees or exam charges
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- Efficient assessment and instant results
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of SEN Teaching Assistant responsibilities
Please note: This course only gives you the theoretical knowledge that you need to excel in this field. This SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma doesn't entitle you to practise as a professional in this specific field.
The SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma is a comprehensive training focused on the practical application of theoretical knowledge. You will gain an insight into classroom methodologies, communication skills for teaching and how to safeguard children, along with role-specific competencies such as the SEN Teaching Assistant code of practice, understanding learning difficulties, supporting children on the autistic spectrum and managing ADHD and dyslexia in the classroom. Develop your understanding of teaching methodologies and learn how to support students with special educational needs with this online SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma.
Key Features of this SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma
- Popular among professional SEN Teaching Assistants all over the UK who have completed this course and succeeded in securing a better future with advanced learning and professional certificate
- Amateurs and people from all walks of life have said to benefit from this SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma course by learning essential skills
- All-in-one training materials so that you can improve your existing knowledge and skills in SEN - Special Educational Needs while also learning up-to-date techniques and information
- Designed by industry experts, we cover everything ranging from classroom methodology to children behaviour to help your SEN Teaching Assistant skills
We’ve broken down the course materials of this comprehensive SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma course into several easy-to-understand units. This way, you can easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of these skills.
This SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma course consists of the following modules:
Module 1: Special Needs Education Teacher
- How to Become a Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher
- What it Takes to Be SEN Teacher
- Definition of Special Educational Needs
Module 2: Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN
- Get an understanding of the SEN Code of Practice
- Learn how the SEND Tribunal, Disagreement Resolution and Mediation Work
- SEND Tribunal: If You're Asked to Be a Witness
- Disagreement Resolution
- Learn about the Local Offer
- Get an idea about the OFSTED Frameworks Relevant to Your School or Work Setting
- Learn about the New Funding Models for SEN
- Get an understanding of the Policy and Legislative Context for Health and Social Care, Including Safeguarding and the Health and Well-being Agenda
Module 3: Principles and Practice of Leadership in Different Contexts
- Characteristics of Highly Effective Leaders
- What Is Leadership?
- Models of Leadership that Promote Successful School
- Pedagogical/Instructional Leadership
- Styles of Leadership
- Become a Good Leader
Module 4: How SEN and Disabilities Affect Pupils' Participation and Learning
- Signs of Underachievement
- Categories of SEN
- Learning Difficulties
- Signs of Learning Difficulties
- What Is Physical Disability?
- Health Supports for SEN Students
Module 5: Strategies for Improving the Performance of the Pupils with SEN
- Teaching Strategies
- Learning Strategies
- Strategies to Support a Student with a Cognitive Impairment
- Classroom Management Strategies
- Strategies for Transfer of Learning
Module 6: Whole-School Planning and Organisation
- Promoting the Inclusive School
- The Benefits of Inclusion
- Planning for Inclusion at the Whole-School Level
- Drawing up Inclusive Whole-school Policies and Procedures for SEN
- Whole-school Policies and Procedures for SEN in the School Plan
- School Enrolment Policy
- Attendance and Participation
- Code of Behaviour and Discipline, and Measures to Prevent Bullying or Harassment of Students with SEN
- Transfer of Students to Post-primary Schools from Primary Schools
- The Transition from Post-primary Education to a Post-school Setting
- Resource-teaching support for students with SEN
- Accommodations in the Physical Environment
- Arrangements for the Provision of Additional Teaching Support to Students with Special Educational Needs
- Establishing an Appropriate Model of Organisation
Module 7: Assessment
- The Purposes of Assessment
- Methods of Assessment
- Developing a Whole-school Policy on Assessment
- Selection and Use of Appropriate Test Instruments
Module 8: Teamwork for SEN: Roles and Functions
- Role and Functions of the Board of Management
- Boards of Management and Parents
- The SEN Support Team
- Duties of the Principal
- Duties of the Mainstream Teachers
- The Resource Teacher
- Duties of the Parents
Module 9: Planning for Individual Students with SEN
- Individual Planning
- The Benefits of Individual Planning
- Steps to Individual Planning
- Implementing the Individual Education Plan
Module 10: Teaching and Learning in the Inclusive School
- Classroom Climate
- Support for Learning
- Teaching for Inclusion
- Cooperative Teaching
- Cooperative Learning
- Students' Involvement in Identifying Learning Targets and in Self-assessment
- Learning Styles
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will be eligible for the UK and internationally-recognised professional certificate and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Who is this course for?
Anyone and everyone wishing to gain knowledge on special educational needs can benefit from our SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma course. Also, if you are thriving to start a professional career or aiming to be an expert in this field, you’ve definitely come to the right place!
The professional certificate upon completing this SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma will be beneficial for your career.
This SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
The course materials of our SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma are 100% online and compatible with all kinds of devices for your ease of access.
This SEN Teaching Assistant Diploma will help you gain all the necessary theoretical knowledge to excel in the relevant field. Enrol on our course now and get started on the journey of taking your career to the next level.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Do we need to study the SEN USA if we live in UK?
Hello Helen, Thanks for the question. The course was designed for both the learners of the UK and USA. The exam after the course will cover all the modules from the course and there will be questions from the USA part as well. Therefore, we will advise you to study all the units. Thanks Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can it be taken from outside the UK?
Hi Tyler, Thanks for reaching out. Our courses are completely online. Therefore, you can do the course from anywhere in the world. Thanks, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How long does this course take
Dear Karla, Good to hear from you. You will get one year access to the course. However, if you study about 24 hours you can complete the course. Please note that within the one year anytime you can access the course. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.