Get acquainted with the skills and techniques for skillfully performing your role as Room Attendant. Join the Room Attendant Certificate Course and learn the mandatory skills and knowledge for enhancing your presentation skills.
A room attendant plays a vital role in the hotel industry. A room attendant is responsible for maintaining the reputation of the hotel as well as managing a good relationship with the customers. The course is designed for the individuals who have little or no prior knowledge about housekeeping and other skills that are needed for becoming a room attendant.
Throughout the course, you will understand your roles and responsibilities as a room attendant. The course covers the basic knowledge about hotel room bedding, room cleaning, bathroom cleaning, basic communication skills, and more. Shortly, the purpose of the course is to prepare you for the profession room attendant.
Nowadays, the position of a room attendant is very demanding because of the increasing rise of hotels and the benefits of the career. By providing high-quality service and upholding impeccable room standards, a room attendant can increase the reputation of the hotel. Therefore, training is a must for making the room attendant professional. A room attendant promotes positive images of the hotel. A well-trained room attendant can not only increase the popularity of the hotel but also hold the customers for a long time and build a long-term relationship with the customers that lead them to be a returning customer.
The course prepares you with the necessary skills that are needed to find employment in the hospitality industry, specifically as room attendants in hotels. A room attendant should be pleasant, honest, and friendly and know how to address guest requests and problems. Inside the course, you will learn how to deal with the customer with a smiling face. You will also learn how to handle a difficult situation with confidence and politeness so that the customer can convince in your logic. Additionally, the course covers essential communication skills, and skills about managing, cleaning and decorating the room properly. The prospects and futures of a room attendant and the recruitment process will also be discussed in the course.
To recapitulate, you will explore the skills that you need if you want to work as a room attendant.
Key features of the course:
- Lifetime access to the course
- No hidden fees, only pay the price of the course which includes exam fees.
- Recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course
- Study from anywhere, anytime, whenever it is convenient for you.
- Affordable and engaging e-learning study materials
- Study at your own pace from tablet, PC or smartphone
- Online tutor support when you are in need.
What Will You Learn :
- Learn your roles and responsibilities as a room attendant.
- Learn to enhance your communication skills and ability to be an excellent speaker who can convince the clients easily.
- Explore the various ways of attracting your customers and learn the techniques of handling a tough situation.
- Know to handle angry or difficult customers and other unwanted situations.
- Get insight into the methods of handling customer complaints.
- Master the basic telephone etiquette and greeting skills.
- Learn how to make the phone calls or customer query to a booking.
- Gain knowledge about the basic human resource management and learn to maintain a good relationship with the members of another department in the hotel industry along with another room attendant.
- Basics of room cleaning, bathroom cleaning, hotel room bedding and decorating the hotel room will be illustrated in the course.
- Learn the right ways of performing routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms and baths under supervision of housekeeping supervisor.
- Know how to check other inventory of products in each room, such as toilet paper, shampoo and soap, and replace these items as necessary.
Room Attendance and Housekeeping
- Introduction to Room Attendant
- Housekeeping Principles
- Understanding Staff Duties
Cleaning and Management
- Inventory Control
- Planning & Organising the Housekeeping Department
- Understanding Budgeting
- Carpet Maintenance
- Wall, Ceiling and Window Cleaning and Maintenance
Staffing and Operation
- Standard Operational Procedures in Hotel Housekeeping
- Laundry Operation in Hotel
- Health and Safety
Assessment and Certification
The course is assessed online with a multiple-choice test, which is marked automatically. You will know instantly whether you have passed or not. Those who pass this test will have the qualification of Room Attendant Certificate Course. Certificate will be produced in PDF format at an additional cost and sent by email.
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.