Add to basket or enquire
Venepuncture is a procedure that is performed by nursing and medical staff in a wide variety of clinical areas as a clinical and diagnostic aid in patient management. This course is designed for healthcare professionals who would like to learn the skill of venipuncture. The Phlebotomist Training aims to provide a comprehensive review of the venipuncture procedure, including equipment and supplies, safety and infection control, and specimen handling and processing. You will learn about the anatomy and physiology of the veins and the techniques required for safe and effective venipuncture for the process of blood sampling. The course will develop your all the necessary skills to perform basic and advanced venipuncture safely, while minimizing the risk of pre-analytical errors.
We’ve taken this comprehensive course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
Highlights of the Phlebotomist Training:
- Gain the knowledge, skill and guideline to work as a healthcare technician specialising in phlebotomy.
- Grasp the primary job responsibilities for a certified phlebotomist and get a firm understanding of Venepuncture techniques.
- Get a comprehensive knowledge of Medical Terminology that involves drawing blood and preparing it for lab testing.
- Learn to use blood collection equipment and perform hand hygiene.
- Discover infection control and safety standards of working as a phlebotomist and how to prevent hematomas and nerve damage.
- Learn about moderndiagnostic methods and the latest lab technology.
- Grasp more about precautions required to take for patients with special needs and appropriate ways to communicate with patients.
Benefits of studying Phlebotomist Training:
- 24/7 access to the course for 12 months
- No hidden fees or exam charges
- CPD endorsed certification on successful completion
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- Efficient exam system, assessment, and instant results
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential.
This course is designed with the following modules:
Module 1: Venepuncture: A Method of Phlebotomy
- What is venepuncture?
- Background information on best practices in venepuncture
- Quality control in phlebotomy
- Duties and responsibilities of Others associated with phlebotomy
Module 2: Anatomy and Physiology
- Arterial system
- Layers of the wall of the veins
- Venous supply to the arm
Module 3: Before Venepuncture
- Provision of an appropriate location
- Provision of clear instructions
- Preparation for Procedure
- Potential Complications
- Prevention and management of incidents and adverse events
- Topical Anaesthetic Agents
- List of Equipment
- Types of Safety Blood Collection Systems
- Blood bottles and order of draw
- Clinical Assessment
Module 4: During Venepuncture
- Vein Selection
- General instruction
- Hand hygiene
- Disinfection of the area
- Taking blood
Module 5: After Venepuncture
- Filling the laboratory sample tubes
- Drawing samples in the correct order
- Cleaning contaminated surface
- Preparing for transportation
- Cleaning up spills of blood
Module 6: Venepuncture for Blood Donation
- Background information
- Minimum requirements for venepuncture for blood donation
- Before Blood Donation
- After Blood Donation
Module 7: Glossary
Definitions of the terms of phlebotomy
Module 8: Appendix
- Appendix 1: Potential Complications for the Venepuncture Procedure
- Appendix 2: Venepuncture Procedural Checklist (Adult)
- Appendix 3: Venepuncture Procedural Checklist (Child)
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognized professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your Certificate at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Phlebotomist Training is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi it says on your description about numeracy and IT does that mean you need gcse or just knowledge ??
Dear Sabs, Thanks for your question. You just need a basic idea about IT. Many thanks Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
what is the cost of this course?
Dear Suhana, Thanks for contacting us. Course price is £12 including the exam. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I have done level 1 of ventupunture i need to now do level 2 .I received a certificate for the 1st which was in 2017.
Dear Joanne, Thanks for contacting us. Since you have done the level one you can take our course. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
can i study this online at my own pace including the exam? when is the starting date for this and is there any time limit for completion the course?
Dear Suhana, Thanks for contacting us. Yes, you can study online and can take your exam online as well. After purchasing the course you will get one year access to the course, within this one year anytime you can complete the course. You can start anytime you want and you can study at your own pace. Regards, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How many hours of study for this course and cost of certificate please.
Dear Karola, Thanks for contacting us. The total time length of the course is 3 hours. However, once you purchase the course, you will have one-year access to the course. Therefore, you can complete it anytime within a year. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How can i make payments other than using a credit card?
Dear Jabulani, Thanks for reaching out. You can pay either using your Credit/Debit card or PayPal. Regards, Help Desk.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can I fix the exam date myself?
Dear Bentley, Thanks for contacting us. The exam is included with the course, therefore once you complete the course you can take the exam at your own pace. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How will I get the course materials?
Dear Mohammad, Thanks for contacting us. Once you purchase the course, our course assign team will assign you to the course and course access details will be sent accordingly to your email address and you can access the course. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What is the exam fees please?
Dear Doherty, Thanks for the question. This is a single course and you just need to pay upfront for once that includes the exam as well. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, it states the course is for anyone I just want to clarify, I have NO experience but a passion for phlebotomy can I take this course?
Dear Maz, Thank you for contacting us. As there is no experience and qualification required for this course, it is available for all students from any academic background. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, my sister is interested in pursuing this course,she does not reside in the UK. Can she still do the course as its online? Thank you
Dear Gen, Thank you for contacting us. All of our courses are online courses. All our course materials are online and you can study everything online as well. Therefore, you can do the courses from anywhere in the world. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do you have to be in the UK to take this course?
Dear Gen, Thank you for contacting us. All of our courses are online courses. Therefore, you can do the courses from anywhere in the world. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi is this course still available?
Dea Liza, Thank you for contacting us. Yes, the course is available. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.